• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old files get 'published'

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2007 Feb 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a RH X5 project here, and I'm publishing FlashHelp files. Over the course of development, I've added, deleted, and moved topics and folders within the HTML Files folder on the Project tab. A lot of times, when I'd add a new topic, it would be outside of the folder I ultimately moved it to later. It all looks lovely on the Project tab. But when I publish, RH seems to be popping out duplicate or deleted topics. When I look at my published files in Windows Explorer, I see that my folders appear as they do on the Project tab inside RH, and topics inside my folders are correct. But outside these folders are lots of old or deleted or duplicated help topics. I've tried publishing with 'Check for deleted files' checked and unchecked, and 'Republish all' checked and unchecked; these options don't have any effect. Everything works OK in the help system, but I'm getting ready to turn it over to the client, and I'd just like it to be tidy.

Does anyone know why this happens? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because Rh won't delete files on its own.

Simply empty the folder you're publishing to, and re-publish (this applies to the Generate folder on your local machine, too).

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been cleaning our the folder I publish to. When you say "Generate" folder, what do you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, if you move a topic from one folder to another in the project, it will get published in the new location. But since there's no link to the old one, it just takes up space and feels messy.

Another approach is to let RH publish revised files and manually clear out the obsolete material. If you keep on top of the situation, it's not a lot of trouble.

If things get out of hand, you can used Beyond Compare to spot the orphans.
(Please see the current thread, "File comparison for RoboHelp?")

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp