• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with buttons and timing

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have four buttons, each with an advanced action.  Only the first one works.  I know it's related to the button timing, but I can't figure out how to fix it.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can you please show us a screen shot of your timeline?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ctsuttle1908 timeline.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The four buttons at the top have advanced actions to show a caption for 2 seconds.  The Michael_Next button to the bottom is the Next button that advances the screen.  The two clickboxes at the bottom are yes and no buttons that are like a quiz that appears are attached to an advanced action so they will appear when all four buttons (at the top) have been clicked.  But they won't work either.  Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, lots of objects on this slide!

So I see at five seconds the first pause occurs. Another at seven, again at nine and the last one at 11.5. One might expect the playhead to be released at the five second mark when the button is clicked. But I think Advanced actions may keep it paused.

Unfortuantely in this case it would seem a simple view of the timeline won't be sufficient as you have Advanced Actions happening too. So either we need to see a capture of what the Advanced actions are doing as well, or just have access to see the project first hand.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's try some troubleshooting 101.  Remove the complexity to isolate the issue.

Try setting each button just to have a Continue action again and test. This will show whether the problem is with the buttons or with the Advanced Actions you've assigned to them.

If the buttons work fine with Continue actions, try dragging your first button off the stage area into the scrap area and then test the slide again.  If the button that is first in line NOW works, but others don't, then I would look at these advanced actions carefully because there may be something in the logic that is fouling things up. 

For example, standard actions do not release the playhead unless you also add an extra Continue action line, whereas Conditional Actions do not require this same Continue action.

Rod Ward

http://www.infosemantics.com.au/troubleshoot-adobe-captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How would I be able to give you viewing access to the file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources