• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest version doesn't install properly in Imac and Macbook Air 10.6.8

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is not working proprly on my Imac nor on my MBA, after installing and reinstalling latest version of FP many, TOO MANY times for the past week.

On most of youtube videos, but not all (i.e. "Dumb ways to die" works!) I get a message that says I need to install the new Flash player. When I go to the link provided, or directly to the Adobe web site, and install the Flash player, I continue to get the message telling me I need a new flash player.

I'm using Safari 5.1.9 and my OS is 10.6.8. Javascript is allowed under the security tab.

When I run the Adobe help for Flash, I get a blank box where I should see my version of flash and my operating system. 

I also get the same error in other websites like Google maps, when I try to do a "street view" for example, and TV on demand.

Please Help! Should I revert to installing an older version? I wasn't having this problem until I updated to FP 11.8...

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the offline installer here: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac /install_flash_player_11_osx....

Mount the DMG and run the installer

If it won't run, go to: Mac HD/Library/Internet Plugins

Trash the Flash Player.plugin file from there

Go to: Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Trash the Flash Player folder (the whole folder)

Empty the trash

Reboot

Mount the DMG and run the installer again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try the offline installer link I get this error:

Not Found

The requested URL /get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac /install_flash_player_11_osx.dmg was not found on this server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you right click and "Save as"? It's a good link... I just tested it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem and it looks like Safari was my problem. Firefox works without any further Flash installation. This has been reported as a bug to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines