I have even copied the extension to myDocuments before conversion so its not a path rights issue.
Anyone else had this problem, I was really looking forward to using Dreamweaver Again, and I don't want to buy VS2012
If anyone else has this problem, then you can install CS6 back on your machine.
Goto you online order page for the CC subscription and click on download, select dreamweaver CC button and then halfway down the screen thier is a option for the version, select Dreamweaver CS6 and away you go......
2 weeks later back to editing without using notepad........
Now a Happy but hasseled customer.
I have tried steps below on my computer and was able to install the "ASP_JS_Support.zxp" extension. This has worked for me but I haven't tested the ASP pages yet. Make sure you backup your DW CC Configuration folder before trying these steps.
1) Navigate to "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC\en_US\Configuration\Menus".
2) Open "Menus.xml" in DW or any other editor.
3) Scroll to the bottom of the XML file.
4) Copy and Paste the code below just before </menus>
<menu name="_In-Context" id="DWMenu_Insert_InContext_Editing">
<menuitem name="_Editable Region" file="Menus/ICE/ICEEditableRegion.htm" id="DWMenu_Insert_InContext_Editing_NewEditableRegion" />
<menuitem name="_Repeating Region" file="Menus/ICE/ICERepeatingRegion.htm" id="DWMenu_Insert_InContext_Editing_NewRepeatingRegion" />
5) Save the file and close DW.
6) Try to install the "ASP_JS_Support.zxp" that you have converted using Extension Manager CS6.
Have you checked in the DW CC Configuration folder? If its not there then probably something is wrong.
1. Close DW CC.
2. Navigate to "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
3. Delete the Dreamweaver CC folder and launch DW CC again this should recreate that file.
4. Now try the steps mentioned in my previous post again.
Now, how strange!
I deleted that folder and when I restarted dreamweaver it automatically showed asp files in the design and preview pane.
Now, before i restarted it I also added .asp to "edit > preferences > file types / editors > extensions"
I wonder if this is what sorted it out. If so then I'm happy.
I will try it on my other machine and see if it works on there.
This is just stupid. I have an entire website with pages that are a mix of .html, .php, and .asp extensions. When I updated my template, only the php and html pages update. The ASP pages do not.
If you don't want to keep supporting new updates to .ASP that's one thing. But to completely remove all functionality? Jesus Christ.
All of this above is a bit confusing. I was helped through this process and was successful. Here are the steps below (Windows 8.1):
- Close Dreamweaver CC
- Go to Local Disk (C:)/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Dreamweaver CC/configuration/DisabledFeatures
- Copy zxp files and paste them in a folder on your desktop.
- Open your extensions manager CC and go to File/Install Extension and Install everything.
- Open Dreamweaver and go to Edit/Preferences/File Types / Editors
- Add .asp to the left window and on the right window click the + button and go back to Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Dreamweaver and click on Dreamweaver.exe
- Don’t change anything in the ‘open in code view’ below.
That did it for me.
OK there is a solution to opening the .asp files in Dreamweaver whith a double click. The clue was here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6091711#6091711 for PC users.
HERE IS THE MAC EQUIVALENT: in the Finder, RIGHT CLICK any .asp file. select "Get Info" Select "Adobe Dreamweaver CC" it may not show up at first, you will have the option to locate it in the Applications folder.
DON'T FORGET to click the button below: "Change All" forcing ALL .asp files to open within Dreamweaver. *note: I tried everything else listed, including installing the "ASPNet_Support.zxp" extension found in "DisabledFeatures" in the "Configuration" folder, which did cause the icons inside of Dreamweaver to actually appear as DW docs. However try the finder option first it may be the quick fix.
Here is the legacy extension insaller description: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5520693#5520693#5520693