• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash and Adobe Air weird display on Ubuntu

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2013 Jul 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Flash on Ubuntu 12.04, and it has a very strange display. Here the way any flash application looks :

ubuntu-flashproblem.png

You can see in this image the same page displayed on the left by flash on Ubuntu, and on the right by flash on Windows.

I am experiencing the same problem with air installer and air applications. Here the way Adobe Air (2.6) installer looks :ubuntu-airproblem.png

The version 1.5 of Adobe Air displays right, but it's the only one.

Anyone experienced the same problem ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you may have a video driver problem. I only use Mint and SuSE, so I can't really say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, after 4 days struggling. This morning I authorised updates on unbuntu and installed them. And Flash and Adobe Air and works again fine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today In rebooted again the server, and the problem showed up again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally find what the problem was. It has nothing to do with either the server, neither Flash Player or Adobe Air.

The problem came from mstc window (remote desktop software). By default it was set to display 16bit colors. I might have changed it sometime to 15bit.

By setting it to 16bit, it solved the problem.

air3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines