Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF 9.0.1 updates folder contains chf9010001.jar and hf901-00010.jar

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2013 Jul 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just inherited a CF 9.0.1 server running on Windows Server 2003.

One of the applications is getting a HTTP 500 error when a page with a lot of form fields is being submitted, so I wanted to install HotFix APSB12-06 which allows to enter a number for the postParameters Limit variable which I'm hoping will resolve this issue.

When I went to check to see what updates were installed on the server, I see these 2 files there.  I beleive hf901-00010.jar is for a CF Admin security issue.

Would this patch have allow me to add the postParametersLimit to the neo-runtime.xml file or do I still need to install the above patch?

Also, how is it possible that there are 2 jar files in the updates folder?  I thought only 1 jar file is supposed to be there?  The tech notes on htofix installs always mention to remove the previous jar files.

Or should I just install cumulative hotfix 4 for CF 9.0.1?

I'd like to do this update in about 5 hours from now, so if I can get any quuick responses that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's cumulative. So, you just need to install the latest hotfix for CF 9.0.1.

Please follow the update instructions carefully; and perform backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand it's cumulative, but in the cumulative hotfix (CHF) 4 it doesn't mention to remove hf901-00010.jar, so that's not part of this latest cumulative hot fix.

The issue I'm concerned about is that the install for hotfix 4 has part of the CFIDE and WEB-INF folder, so I will need to overwrite some of those files with CHF4.

Will those overwrite any files that were created by hotfix APSB13-13 which installed hf901-00010.jar?

Will i be ok with just installing CHF4 just as the installation instructions say, or will I need to re-install hotfix APSB13-13?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I expect after you apply CF9.0.1 CHF4 you will need to re-apply the file changes (eg CFIDE\admin*) that are part of APSB13-13. Be sure to remove the CHF1 JAR file from CF9\lib\updates.

Note there is also a APSB13-19 which has a CF Jrun patch.

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation