Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Flash Player 11.8.800.94 via GPO not working properly

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i've installed Flash Player 11.8.800.94 via GPO.

Installation works fine, but there is no flash player available in Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Deployed both Flash Players.

Tried to reinstall Flash Player 11.8.800.94 for Firefox, but it's still not active.

Windows 7, 64bit

Greetings,

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, have you consulted the Admin Guide at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html ?

Are the files properly installed in the target folders C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash or C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash respectively?

When you say "not active", does that mean that the add-on (Internet Explorer) and plugin (Firefox) are disabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem. The last 3 updates were succesfully published through AD and GPO, but this one doesn't work...

Is this a known issue and did you fix it already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i haven't fixed it yet.

I've deployed the last few version of flash player without any problems.

I haven't found any new things in the admin guide.

The plugins don't show up in both browsers. I can't enable them.

On the most importent clients, i've installed flash player manually.

Currently i don't have the time to do more research on the problem.

Maybe i'll try the new beta version which was published on wednesday.

Greetings,
Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same story here. Updated the last versions without a problem and also this version installs without errors but the plugins aren't available... Also when I check the version with "http://helpx.adobe.com/nl/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html" it displays nothing, so flash doesn't work...

I can download the beta file, but there's no MSI available, so I can't use it with GPO...

Anyone else any idea's?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Comvel.

RE:

Hello,

i haven't fixed it yet.

I've deployed the last few version of flash player without any problems.

I haven't found any new things in the admin guide.

The plugins don't show up in both browsers. I can't enable them.

On the most importent clients, i've installed flash player manually.

I know it has been a few months since your post but, I was wonderingif you were able to find a solution for this that didn't involve manual installations. I've recently deployed 11.8.800.175 and am running into the same problems. Some work stations are just fine. But others, (both windows 7 and xp, all IE8) are not working. When navigating to a site like youtube, theres a banner that says update is needed. When you go to manage add-ons there is no shock object/add on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i've changed the installation "mode" from GPO to startup script.

This works fine for me.

Greetings,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have internet explorer. When I downloaded the flash player 11.8.800.94 version in gave me a trojan. Had to spend $95 to get my virus software people to fix it. The trojan wouldn't allow my virus software to run and anything we tried to put on my computer it would immediately delete. UGH! Needless to say, that version was deleted and I am hesitatant to download it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Security Bulletins: APSB1321 listed security updates available. I was instructed by this guide to upgrade 11.8.800.94 to 11.8.800.168. The available buttons provided for that upgrade actually installed 14.0.0.145. I have yet to verify its functionality.

Keyotee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Keyotee again. I used the 14.0.0.145 version to play several videos via youtube and found faster response than I had in the past. I am using the XP operating system and Mizolla Firefox. I took the precaution of establishing a System Restore point before running the installation. This suggests to me that 11.8.800.94 and 11.8.800.164 are obsolete and no longer supported.

Good luck

Keyotee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines