11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2013 6:55 AM by A.T. Romano

I have a problem to burn my montage to DVD

tynouVideo77

How burn my montage to DVD with adobe premiere elements 11?

I use the last mac book pro and when I burn my montage to DVD, the process run normaly but my DVD are not burn. when I burn my montage to HHD (hard disk) it's ok but when I use burn software for burning to DVD, it made an error.

Excuse me for my english, I'm a frenchman.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: I have a problem to burn my montage to DVD
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you are able to burn your DVD to your hard drive, just use the free download ImgBurn to burn the VIDEO_TS folder the program created to a DVD disc.

I'm not sure why the program is not able to interface with your DVD burner.

• 2. Re: I have a problem to burn my montage to DVD
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Things and Software to AVOID when authoring/burning a disc... says Encore, but also applies to Premiere Elements and disc burning

Start --> http://forums.adobe.com/thread/608660

#2 has WHY Explained http://forums.adobe.com/thread/607390

Plus http://forums.adobe.com/thread/562941

Use the FREE http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download to write your folders to disc for DVD (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)

• 3. Re: I have a problem to burn my montage to DVD
              A.T. Romano Level 7

tynouVideo77

Please confirm again that you are using Premiere Elements 11 Mac.

If so, if you use Premiere Elements Burn to Folder, what are you using to take the VIDEO_TS Folder from the saved folder to a DVD disc in the DVD-VIDEO format? I ask because the ImgBurn program used for this purpose is Windows Only.

I am strictly an Elements Windows user. I know that SG has both Windows and Mac, so we can ask him "what does he use when he is doing a Premiere Elements Mac workflow for this?" Online I see several web site that describe software as the Mac alternative for ImgBurn for the Mac user, but I have not worked with any of them.

If applicable, I would like to explore what you wrote

How burn my montage to DVD with adobe premiere elements 11?

I use the last mac book pro and when I burn my montage to DVD, the process run normaly but my DVD are not burn

What happens when you try to burn your Timeline via Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc with for either DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen? How far do you get...just encoding menus, compiling media, burning....or other? Do you get error messages?

And, for that matter, are you trying to burn to DVD disc or burn to Folder for DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc or AVCHD on DVD disc?

Lots of questions.

ATR

• 4. Re: I have a problem to burn my montage to DVD
                A.T. Romano Level 7

John T. Smith

tynouVideo77 seems to be saying that he is using Premiere Elements Mac. ImgBurn is a Windows only program.

Have you tried any of the supposed Mac alternative counterparts for the VIDEO_TS to DVD disc? I have not and was hoping that SG would indicate what he uses for this purpose when he is doing this workflow with his Premiere Elements Mac.

Also, it is not clear to me if this is burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc or burn to AVCHD on DVD disc.

What do you think?

ATR

• 5. Re: I have a problem to burn my montage to DVD
                  tynouVideo77 Level 1

A.T Romano

Yes, I have a original premiere elements 11 for mac, I bought it one week

ago. My burn software is "burn version 2.5.1 (24)

Thanks

[Removed excessive quotations]

• 6. Re: I have a problem to burn my montage to DVD
                    tynouVideo77 Level 1

Hy

Not, whereas my burn software it correctly install on my mac. My problem is,

when I try burn video-tS to DVD disc. I think that I must buy the toast

titanium software for mac.

What do you think?

Many thanks.

Cyril

• 7. Re: I have a problem to burn my montage to DVD
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

You wrote:

My burn software is "burn version 2.5.1 (24)

Is this the software that came with your Mac DVD/CD burner? If so, who manufactures this burn software that you describe with the version 2.5.1 (24)? Does it do just DataDisc or can this software be used to author (take the VIDEO_TS Folder to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc) using your computer's DVD CD burner?

When you have the VIDEO_TS Folder (from the burn to folder), you have all the video files needed for the DVD-VIDEO format. This is the same VIDEO_TS Folder that you see on your DVD disc when you do the burn to disc DVD (DVD-VIDEO). The difference is:

a. burn to disc, you have that VIDEO_TS placed on the DVD with the required disc file system.

b. burn to folder, you have to get a software that puts that VIDEO_TS Folder on the DVD disc in the required disc file system, not just a VIDEO_TS Folder placed on a DVD disc such as in Data Disc.

Whatever software you identify as being able to do "b" above, then do the tryout first to make sure it works for you.

Why do you need the VIDEO_TS Folder if you can burn to disc? Creating a Disc Image (Premiere Elements and virtual Phantom Burner/virtual DVD disc) instead of going for the VIDEO_TS might be an alternative approach. But here again, the Phantom Burner that I find looks like a Windows Only.

Toast is probably your answer.

But you might want to check out the following Apple thread, specifically the end post by wintermute 101 who believe he/she has the answer for the Mac user

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3361125?start=0&tstart=0

The Premiere Elements burn to folder for DVD (4.7 GB) tyically comes with 2 folders in the saved folder, VIDEO_TS and OpenDVD. From what is described by wintermute 101, I am not sure if you need to create an empty Audio_TS to use with the VIDEO_TS in order to get his/her scheme to work.

Just some thoughts for now.

ATR

• 8. Re: I have a problem to burn my montage to DVD
                        nealeh Level 5

tynouVideo77 wrote:

I think that I must buy the toast titanium software for mac.

You could try this well reviewed free Mac software:

http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html

Cheers,
                        --
                        Neale
                        Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children.

• 9. Re: I have a problem to burn my montage to DVD
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

tynouVideo77

That suggestion of nealeh's looks like an interesting alternative for the Mac users wanting the VIDEO_TS to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc. Especially if it is free which is the case for the ImgBurn which the Windows users often select for this task.

Since I do not have a Mac, I will be looking forward to your results and comments on that approach if you decide to try it in your Premiere Elements Mac environment. It looks like the link that nealeh provided also has a link for a video tutorial how to.

Looking forward to your results however you decide to proceed.

ATR

• 10. Re: I have a problem to burn my montage to DVD
                            tynouVideo77 Level 1

At all

Thanks a lot I arrived to burn my montage to DVD Disc. Now I must think how

to take a old video camera from my HI8 camera to Adobe premiere elements 11.

Again, thanks a lot.

• 11. Re: I have a problem to burn my montage to DVD
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

tynouVideo77

Thanks for the follow up good news that your project is going well.

I have not done any HI8 Premiere Elements Mac work, but the following article that I found online might be helpful as you work on that aspect of your projects.

http://voices.yahoo.com/how-convert-hi8-tape-footage-digital-movie-files-6463406.html

Continued success with your projects.

ATR