• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Header and footer

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2007 Feb 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a printed documentation I get a standard title page, a standard header with heading 1 title, and a standard footer with the page number in it.

How can I adapt these for my individual needs for the generated printed documentation?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2007 Feb 28, 2007
The header and footer issue has not changed in RH6 so yes you will need to use the workaround which you have understood. Typically a document needs some tidying up, even if it is only where the page breaks come so I never find it a great issue. How long does it take to cut and paste the content into another template?

I know it's not perfect but I am hoping we will see many such issues addressed in the next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at Printed Documentation on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So doesn't RoboHelp 6 offer anything else than this workaround?

Do I understand right:
This means I cannot directly generate PDF? I need to generate a Word document, and then adapt what I need, and then generate my PDF out of it?

I would expect the Printed Documentation feature considering things one obviously need for printed documentation in general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The header and footer issue has not changed in RH6 so yes you will need to use the workaround which you have understood. Typically a document needs some tidying up, even if it is only where the page breaks come so I never find it a great issue. How long does it take to cut and paste the content into another template?

I know it's not perfect but I am hoping we will see many such issues addressed in the next release.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you own Adobe Acrobat Professional (not Adobe Acrobat Reader), you can use the Add Headers & Footers feature to add headers and footers to your PDF file without going through Microsoft Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2007 Mar 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chet says:
quote:

If you own Adobe Acrobat Professional (not Adobe Acrobat Reader), you can use the Add Headers & Footers feature to add headers and footers to your PDF file without going through Microsoft Word.

Question: When you use Acrobat Pro, can you make any other modifications besides adding headers and footers? My way of pasting screen shots prevents me from doing the Word step (screen shots are gone), but I'd like to have a little control over the PDF. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 16, 2007 Mar 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You can make other modifications--you can even edit text directly--but I've always found the results less than satisfactory. Acrobat Pro has a nasty habit of not caring about such guidelines as page margins and the like, so it is not a good editing tool (in my opinion).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp