• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

http://cdncache1-a.akamaihd.net/ Appeared when I updated Flash

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://cdncache1-a.akamaihd.net/ appeared when I updated Flash at the prompt. Tried malware adware solutions, but still there. There is a lot of chat about this on the net, but no Idiots Guide on how to remove it. Ideaas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appeared where?  All Adobe downloads go through Akamai.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this link (or whatever the proper name is...) sticks adverts all over anything i access, yahoo mail, facebook, google search, you name it. I am told by "experts" it is adware, or malware. I ran Malwarebytes, Ad-aware, Spybot, plus MS Essentials and it is still there. It does not appear in Chrome extentions, where all the online advise seems to suggest it is.

There appears to be a lot of talk about this on the net, but nothing gives a step by step (Idiot's) guide to removing it. As usual, any question is met with another question, and round it all goes again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akamai is a file server, NOT a website, and NOT a virus. Whatever you got, you probably got BEFORE you downloaded the update, and like most malware, it was on your system "laying in wait" for an opportune moment to manifest itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2013 Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you post a screenshot of what you see; I am having difficulties envisioning what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines