Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing and using Flash Player

Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the latest Flash Player and although it goes through the whole installtion process and states that installation is complete, when I try to view some You Tube clips - for example, it will not let me - message states cannot view because latest Flash Player is not installed.  Used to work fine.  My boy son has an online educational game called Reading Eggs that also used to work fine but now will not work - again messge states latest Flash Player is required - version 9 or later.

Computer is iMAC running OSX 10.8.4.  Any ideas what I need to do to get this working?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be some old Flash Player components left behind; try a clean install: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I foIlowed the instructions, uninstalled and found an old Flash Plug in and deleted it.  Could not find any other components within the library as specified.  I just tried to instal Flash Player again and have same problems.  What next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the Flash animation at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html ?

If not, hopefully C F McBlob will step in; he has a lot more experience on Mac OS than I.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. No I cannot see the movie / animation.

2. There is nothing shown in the box to say what version of Flash player is installed.

However, if I select ' system preferences', under the heading 'other' I can see 'Flash Player'.  If I select (double click) Flash Player it opens up a window that says 'Plug-in version 11.8.800.94 is installed.  So it appears to be installed but obviously not working or at least not recognised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Shockwave Flash plugin enabled in your browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2013 Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot see any Shockwave Flash, but I did find out that under Safari, Security, Internet Plug-ins; the 'Allow all other Plug-ins' was not checked. I have now checked the box and all seems to work fine.  Not sure why this would have been unchecked - anyway, problem solved.  Thank you so much for your help.

FYI:  I can now also see the animation at the link above.

Thanks and have a good day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That box IS checked by default. There's an update for something that unchecks it. I've run some tests today in OS 10.7 to see if I can find it. I know it ISN'T the Flash updater.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, thanks. I appreciate that.  Would be usful to know what you find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines