• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot connect to reliable server

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed downloads, initializes, starts to download flash player gets to 47% and error happens.I have gotten the same error message over 30 times. I have followed all the troubleshooting, no luck, ran virus scan , no virus. Signed in to try to use direct link to download for IE, was rerouted to sign in grrr. OS Windows 7,laptop meets all requirements, Help I am at my wits end.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm think adobe is having trouble.... 39 ppl have looked but not 1 answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

already tried every link on that page for Windows. It redirects me to another error page saying I have to log in to view that page, i am already logged in. I just tried to go to it from the help page and was given this error code

http://You don't have permission to access "http://helpx.stage.adobe.com/flash-player.html" on this ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

If you still get a "403" error, you have your firewall or antivirus configured to block access. Disable one or both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has stopped offering its standalone Flash installer as of July 2013 and the download links on its Flash Troubleshooting pages are now bad links. But since the last archived version is the same as the current version (ver.11.8), it can be currently be downloaded from two different webpages:

1. http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ (easier to find the right download)

2. http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html and download the right one for your device and system. For Windows it is Flash Player 11.8.800.94..(link is: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_11.8.800.94_archive.zip). It is a zip file that has more than you need so unzip it, then open 11_8_r800.94_archive>11_8_r800_94 and then copy-paste the right program to a real folder outside the zip file. If you use IE then use either the winax.exe or winax.exe version, otherwise use the the win.exe or win.msi version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BOTH of the links I posted are good. BOTH will execute a direct download of the respective file. I've tested them in IE8 (WinXP SP3), IE9 (Win 7 SP1), IE10, (WIn 8), and Mac OS X (10.8.4) as well as Firefox in all four OS builds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned off my antivirus and firewall, tried both links neither one would work, finally I uninstalled my antivirus, tried to download it, said is was sucessful however it still wouldn't work, went to charter  antivirus downloaded flashplayer thru their site installed sucessfully, the reinstalled anitvirus. now it all works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2013 Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You write "download", but did you also install it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2013 Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The purpose of my previous post was not about Adobe offering consumers links to standalone Flash installers but that rather to give others the information on where they can find them. I do not remember where I got the idea that Adobe was not going to be offering consumer standalone Flash installers so people may disregard it, but for some reason Adobe is currently not offering standalone Flash downloads to consumers that I could find and this seems to have been ongoing for about a week or so based on other posts. It appears that the consumer links on the official Adobe web pages to standalone installers are bad/missing/gone. The purpose of my post was not about why this was happening but rather to give people the links to standalone installers so they didn't have to go through >100 pages like I had to in order to find them. Ultimately the only pages I could find that had standalone/offline Flash installers were for licensed business distributors (#1) and the archives (#2). I could not find one for consumers with standalone installers. Below is just one example of an Adobe page (official, not forum) where all the links to standalone Flash installers are bad /missing/gone.

On the troubleshooting page: Flash Player Help / Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows at  http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

Examples of Bad/Missing Links on this page:

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

direct links for Internet Explorer

P.S. All other Adobe links work fine with my IE 10. Since I have IE, I didn't check the non-IE download which I now did and ironically it DID work. So I am perplexed. Sorry, I throw up my hands and give up in frustration to figure this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines