• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Online Editor Will Work With CFlayout

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of an online editor that will work within the cflayout/cflayoutarea function. I used ActivEdit for years, but clients are wanting something more cross browser friendly, and ActivEdit works great with IE, but not so well with other browsers. I have tried using CKEditor which comes with ColdFusion which you would think should work with a ColdFusion function, but that's not true. The navigation nor content shows up and CKEditor. If I remove the cflayout elements, CKEditor will work fine, although the image upload and placement function is very clunky.

It is frustrating that the only response I get from Adobe's support people is that both CKEditor and the code for cflayout come from third party providers so it's not really their problem. I think that is so wrong as we pay a good amount of money for a product that is supposed to make coding easier and more efficient. Thus, they should fully test these so called 3rd party products to make sure they work and if not either fix them of find code that does. I guess they are just too big to care as I have been voicing this to various support people and on the bugs report page for over a year only to hear excuse after excuse. Shame. Shame. Shame on you Adobe for not caring about your customer and the honesty of your code and product.

With all this said, does anyone know of a better Online Editor to use that will hopefully work with cflayout/cflayoutarea. Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lesson to learn. Never use any built-in UI related tags from ColdFusion such as cflayout, cfdiv, cftooltip, etc. For CF newcomers, those tags are great features. Easy to use and quick to implement. However, those tags will introduce problems later on.

Just build your page with standard HTML. It will last longer and less maintenance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2013 Aug 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then why buy and use ColdFusion at all. I thought the whole idea was that ColdFusion was a language that was built to shorten development time and make it easier. If I purchase a product, I expect all features, tags, and every other functions to work. Otherwise, I am being basically scammed and sold a bill of goods. Does anyone know if CKEditor will work with cflayout in CF10. I am currently on CF9 and considering upgrading if this will work. I need it to work for me CMS system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 04, 2013 Aug 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Calm down... Frustration doesn't solve the problem.

CF9 uses extJS 3.x. You might want to google "ckeditor extjs 3".

Not sure about CF10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 04, 2013 Aug 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To test your app on a different version of CF, install the CF on a virtual machine. That's how I would do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation