• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading flash player on a Mac

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to download flash player, it says my software is out of date and not compatible with the latest version of flash.  My Mac software is up to date as of yesterday so I'm not sure what the problem is.  Help please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you Running Leopard on a PowerPC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I think so.  I have version 10.5.8 so I think that's Leopard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, you're out of luck for the latest Flash Player. It WILL NOT run on 10.5 and it WILL NOT run on a Power PC (G4 or G5) Mac.

Older versions can be found here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

You've almost reached the end of the road for software updates on that Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So...should I download the software for snow leopard, lion, and mountain lion in order to keep my Mac up to date and get the current flash player?  Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't "download" any of those. They're entire operating systems and must be purchased from Apple. Additionally, as of OS 10.6, Mac OS only runs on Intel Macs. You didn't mention if your Mac is Intel or PPC, but if it ISN'T Intel, again, you've reached the end of the road.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Intel, so what should I do?  Sorry to sound stupid, I've never really updated over the years as you can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're in luck, to a point. 10.5 is out of date, but your system WILL run a newer OS X build. Apple, unfortunately, DOESN'T sell older versions, so you'd have no choice but to buy 10.8 and pay the full $129 for it. The good news is you can "migrate" everything you're presently using (with some very limited exceptions) right from 10.5 to 10.8 as you install, so you'll keep all your files and apps, but they'll just run in the new OS X.

You can find older versions of OS X on places like e-bay, but I have to warn you, a lot of people sell "pirated" or "OEM" discs and unless you have the right model of Mac that they were made for, they won't install, and you're out the money spent because the seller will disappear right after they get your payment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I will definitely buy it from Apple directly.  I was looking at the latest version of software "Mountain Lion" and it says that it will only work with models above 10.6.  So I figured I had to get snow leopard and lion first in order to get ready for that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, it's got to be newer than a 2007 or Mountain Lion won't go. In that case I'd say look at a more reputable place like Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Mac-OS-Snow-Leopard-10-6/dp/B002KG02QO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines