• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internal Error 500 started appearing even after setting a large number for postParametersLimit

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I adopted a CF 9 web-application and we're receiving the Internal 500 Error on a submit from a form that has line items for a RMA.

The server originally only had Cumulative Hot Fix 1 on it and I thought if I installed Cumulative Hot Fix 4, I would be able to adjust the postParametersLimit variable in the neo-runtime.xml.  So, I tried doing this, and I've tried setting the number to an extremely large number (last try was 40000), and I'm still getting this error.  I've tried putting a <cfabort> on the first line on the cfm file that is being called, but I'm still getting the 500 error.

As I mentioned, it's a RMA form and if the RMA has a few lines say up to 20 or 25 it will work.

I've tried increasing the following all at the same time:

postParameterSize to 1000 MB

Max size of post data 1000MB

Request throttle Memory 768MB

Maximum JVM Heap Size - 1024 MB

Enable HTTP Status Codes - unchecked

Here's some extra backgroun on this situation.  This is all that happened before I got the server:

The CF Server is installed as a virtual machin and was originally part of a domain that was exposed to the internet and the internal network.  The CF Admin was exposed to the internet.

AT THIS TIME THE RMA FORM WORKED PROPERLY, EVEN WITH LARGE NUMBER OF LINE ITEMS.

The CF Server was hacked, so they did the following:

They took a snapshot of the CF Server

Unjoined it from the domain and put it in the DMZ.

The server can no longer connect to the internet outbound, inbound connections are allowed through SSL

Installed cumulative hot fix 1 and hot fix APSB13-13

Changed the Default port for SQL on the SQL Server.

This is when the RMA form stopped working and I inherited the server.  Yeah!

Any ideas on what i can try next or why this would have suddenly stopped working after making the above changes on the server.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2013 Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should we know what RMA means? Request for Medical Attention, perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really Meaningless Abbreviation?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your post. Did you check the error logs?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I checked the error logs right after the 500 error was thrown and I don't see any reference to that page or error at all.  Is there some setting I'm missing that will show this error?  Should I clear out the log pages?

Please disregard the RMA acronym.  It's extra detail that's irrelevant to the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2013 Jul 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2013 Jul 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start from the beginning. Return to the default values, and see what happens. To do so, proceed as follows.

Temporarily shut ColdFusion down. Create a back-up of the file neo-runtime.xml, just in case.

Now, open the file in a text editor and revert postParametersLimit and postSizeLimit to their respective default values, namely,

<var name='postParametersLimit'><number>100.0</number></var>

<var name='postSizeLimit'><number>100.0</number></var>

That is, 100 parameters and 100 MB, respectively. (Note that there is no postParameterSize! If you had included that element in the XML, remove it.)

Restart ColdFusion. Test and tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Issue was resolved.  Followed BKBK's suggestion to reset everything back...still got the 500 error with nothing in the error logs.  I then changed postParametersLimit to 5000 ( I have to set this to a large number because some forms will be in the 1000's...I know this is a bad practice).  Changed postSizeLimit to 300.0 and the forms work now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation