• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1/2 thru the downloading process, I am prompted to close IE but it is already closed

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2013 Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

I received a prompt telling me that I didn't have Adobe Flash Player installed on my computer (it had to have been installed on my computer last night; otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to play the computer games that I do).  While trying to download it, I received a prompt telling me to close IE - which I did.  When I selected the 'continue' icon, it kept telling me to close IE, then continue.  Couldn't get past this point.  And what happened to the Flash Player that was on my computer last night when I was playing computer games that require it to be installed in order to play the games?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2013 Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

"Save" the installer - DO NOT "Run" it. Repeat: DO NOT "Run" the installer.

RIght click your taskbar and select Task Manager or Start Task Manager, whichever your OS shows.

In the Task Manager, under the Processes tab, look for "iexplore.exe" - NOT "explorer.exe" as this is Windows Explorer, a different app altogether.

End ALL instances of this process, until there are none.

Run the offline installer from your downloads folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines