• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot change setting of PostParametersLimit

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried using the documented approach of adding the parameter to Neo-runtime.xml (the param was not in the file at all, I added it) and by createObject("component","cfide.adminapi.runtime").setRuntimeProperty("postParametersLimit", 120) (we successfully use this to set PostSizeLimit)

I have this problem in CF9.0.0 and CF 9.0.2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jware-cpg.org wrote:

I have tried using the documented approach of adding the parameter to Neo-runtime.xml (the param was not in the file at all, I added it)

The documented approach is to set the maximum number of post request parameters or the maximum size of post data on the page Server Settings >> Settings in the ColdFusion Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but this is CF 9.0.0 and 9.0.2. PostParametersLimit is not exposed on the Administrator page (PostSizeLimit is, but that does not help for number of fields).

see ColdFusion 9.0 Update 2 Release Notes

http://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/release-note/coldfusion-9-0-update-2.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on version 10, so I can only see your point now. In any case, I would suggest you check yourself whether PostParametersLimit is in the list of variables which can be set as above.

To do so, open http://yourdomain/CFIDE/adminapi/runtime.cfc. Then look at the list under setRuntimeProperty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good suggestion.  I have already looked, this new param is not listed in runtime.cfc, nor anywhere else in CFIDE/adminapi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The manual setting of the variable was overwritten by a copy of the file during our reload and restart.  Changing the order resolved that.

We still have not found a method to query the value, at least we can set it in CF9 by editng the xml.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jware,

Can you explain what you mean about "changing the order"? and was the duplicate copy

the same filename?

Thanks,

JOE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation