• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Problem In After effects cs6

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a very bad peoblem. i really need help. when i import my clip into after effects there is no audio whatever i do. i have tried ram preview and many other settings. my clip has sound when i play it itn windows media player and quicktime but not when it in after effects someone please help me i would appreciate it. also there is no speaker icon next to the clip like there usually is.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

theo aronson wrote:

Thanks for all this feedback guys/gals. Indeed it works and plays back when I select the RAM PREVIEW TAB. Is there a way though to play back audio just with regular playback or do you always have to use ram preview when working with audio in AE? (forgive the novice question)

RAM preview IS regular playback in After Effects. Spacebar is pointless (and I'm not even sure why it works at all). You have to remember, as Rick pointed out, that After Effects is completely different fr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to know what kind of clip you are importing. We need to know the OS. There's not enough info to make more than a guess that you're using a highly compressed source file or footage from a camera that uses separate wrappers for audio and video. Give us the source of the footage and we can probably give you an answer.

Also, try searching No Audio or Audio Problems on this forum. There are several recent posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have A windows computer. 64 bit os 6gb ram quad core processor and amd 6620g graphic card. there is an avchd clip,avi,mpeg and wmv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're not getting audio with all four of those formats?  Just to be absolutely sure, check these three things for each of your clips...

a.) Check the audio switch on the clip to make sure audio is enabled.

b.) Open up the waveforms and check to see that After Effects is actually reading the audio in your clips.

c.) Make sure the audio switch isn't set to mute in the Ram Preview tab.

Audio.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all of this and none of it worked my clip has no audio at all in after effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a "Tone" effect to any layer, and then do an Audio preview by hitting the period (.) key on your numerical keypad. If you don't hear a tone, you need to check in the AE preferences under Audio and change your output mapping until you can hear the tone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact issue. Anyone find a fix? I can see the .wav file in drop down menus (as in screen shot above), audio switch on the click is enabled, and audio is NOT muted in Ram Preview tab. ???????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2013 Jan 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you click the RAM Preview button (the last icon on the right in the Preview area) or the standard Preview button (the third icon in the Preview area)? The latter will give you no audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rklem is correct.  Here's an ammended screenshot listing the things to check:

Audio+Ram_Preview_Update.png

A) Check the audio switch on the clip to make sure audio is enabled.

B)  Open up the waveforms and check to see that After Effects is actually reading the audio in your clips.

C)  Make sure the audio switch isn't set to mute in the Ram Preview tab.

D)  Make sure you click the Ram Preview button and not the standard Preview button to the left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all this feedback guys/gals. Indeed it works and plays back when I select the RAM PREVIEW TAB. Is there a way though to play back audio just with regular playback or do you always have to use ram preview when working with audio in AE? (forgive the novice question)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ram Preview is for preview. Pressing the space bar simply advanced the timeline. It does not act the same way it does in a NLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

theo aronson wrote:

RAM preview IS regular playback in After Effects. Spacebar is pointless (and I'm not even sure why it works at all). You have to remember, as Rick pointed out, that After Effects is completely different from an NLE.

Now, if you want to just play the audio without having to render, you can press the decimal key (.) on your numeric keypad. During audio playback, you can press the * key on your keypad to leave markers. If a layer's selected, it'll leave layer markers and if no layer is selected, it will leave composition markers.

As someone new to After Effects, you should really start here. The resources linked there cover all of the basic things you need to know about AE including how to preview. Getting a good foundation in the fundamentals will help you avoid much frustration in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2013 Jun 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have being using AE for a while I did not know about decimal key, thanks for that.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the B problem, what I have to do?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know what you're talking about. This is a really long thread having to do with several different issues and several different versions of After Effects (from back before pressing spacebar was useful!).
I would highly recommend you start a new thread and give as much information as you can! (Exact version number of AE, screenshots of your audio preferences, information about your system specs, specific symptoms, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2014 Dec 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10844934_1005211066171717_434017503_o (1).jpg Hey, I have tryied to check my waveforms then I am using my movie clip and it shows no audio waveform at all, how could I fix it? Other videos I tryied there was shown waveform. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2014 Dec 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

audio problem wrote:

Hey, I have tryied to check my waveforms then I am using my movie clip and it shows no audio waveform at all, how could I fix it? Other videos I tryied there was shown waveform. Thank you.

What version of AE are you using (down to the last decimal point)? If you're using CS6, the version number should be 11.0.4.

Now, I see that your footage is MPEG. Some flavors of MPEG don't have the audio in a way that AE can read. If updating to the latest version of your AE doesn't work, try transcoding your video footage into a production codec.

Alternatively, simply render out a WAV file from your editing program (Premiere Pro, Vegas, etc.) and drop that in the AE timeline too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What clip? What operating system? You need to provide much more details.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem when i import a clip into adobe after effects the program doesnt read any audio what so ever. Someone please help.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem when i import a clip into adobe after effects the program doesnt read any audio what so ever. Someone please help.!

Are you saying that that although you went through all the steps suggested in the thread so far, you STILL can't hear audio?

Or did you come upon this thread, see a similarity to your situation, and send up a cry for help without trying any of the suggested remedies?

There's a big difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

none of the suggestions above help in my situation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Not sure if this is mentioned above (feeling kind of cross-eyed this morning) but on a windows PC, holding the "CTRL" key down while scrubbing the timeline plays sound as well (It playes badly due to speed of movement etc, but it plays). I use this method when doing Lip-Synching, it helps to get tspecific sounds matched to mouth movements.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! I have the same problem as -mahan- there is no audio whatever i do- Also, the sound icon missing from the left of timeline panel.

Here`s a print screen whit my cs6 interface.

I have Windows 7, After effects CS6, MTS video file.

Thank you!Sample.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE needs a separate audio track, and your clip probably has multiplexed audio: it's embedded in the video.  You can transcode the clip to a lossless codec with audio, and you're set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot of  your footage selected in the Project Panel gives us more information about it's audio properties than a shot of the layer in the timeline. See this example? That's what we need to know about your clip to help you. This video has audio:

Screen Shot 2013-03-04 at 5.18.39 PM.png

This one does not:

Screen Shot 2013-03-04 at 5.20.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines