• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF liscence - most cost effective way?

Participant ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - currently we are hosted at Firstserv in the uk but we're considering leasing our own dedicated server from a non coldfusion company (like fasthosts for example) and then installing cf on that box.

What sort of cf liscence would we need and what's the most cost effective way to buy it?

Currently we use CF8 and are more than happy with it, can one still buy CF8 liscences? or CF9 even?

I've seen some pretty high prices (like in the thousands) but I'm hoping they are if you want to host third parties websites.. if you are only hosting your own sites presumably it's not so expensive?

Any help very gratefully received.

TIA

Nick

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,  CF8 is considered "End of Life" software by Adobe, they no longer support that version or provide patches for it (so it now has a growing list of unpatched security issues). You will want to run at least CF9, or CF10. There are two editions, Standard ($1499 USD retail) or Enterprise.   Best way to buy CF is usually through a reseller, for the UK you can try: http://www.fuzzyorange.co.uk/ for the US you might try http://supportobjective.com/ because you can usually get a discount, but you can also buy it off the Adobe website.  There was also a post on cf-talk recently by someone who has some CF9 licenses for sale: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/thread.cfm/threadid:64739

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, that's really helpful - I will post back once I know what we are doing in case my findings may be of use to anyone else.

Thanks again for replying - much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pete, just out of interest - who do you host with?

Thanks,

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation