• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I transfer an app within my portal to multiple sites?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the title sums up my question rather well. I hate having to rebuild an app multiple times.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Web apps, right?  I know there was talk about having web apps being more portable so that you can export/import the data, templates, etc. but I haven't seen that feature enabled yet.  I think it might be possible to request a web app copied over to a client site via emailing BC support but I don't think there's a way you can do it on your own just yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Web apps, right?  I know there was talk about having web apps being more portable so that you can export/import the data, templates, etc. but I haven't seen that feature enabled yet.  I think it might be possible to request a web app copied over to a client site via emailing BC support but I don't think there's a way you can do it on your own just yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I like to do is keep a base site in my portal that features all the web apps I might use and create it there first and I mark that site as a template and I can use that as a base for all future clients so that it has all my web apps already built in-- it's a base framework that also includes base CSS and default page templates and email templates for responders, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should think you would have to wait an age to see some movement on this. Fingers crossed, Migration is taking up a lot of BC's time so keep that in mind in terms of BC development at the moment.

But like The above. It is not that hard now really. If you make the web app the same name, tags all the same in the admin and copy the layouts and upload them via SFTP you can just insert the new modules or in templates change the module ID to the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your responses! I'll probably setup a template site with all my apps and just duplicate it and remove what's uneeded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Johnny,

I have succesfully used the following to move webapps across different websites. https://github.com/adobe-business-catalyst/web-app-export

It has been developed by some guys at BC and has worked for me on several occasions. Download and install the files fowlling the instructions instead of looking for it on Chrome Store. The only problem I have had is the tmeplates for the webapps would not copy, however thats just a copy and paste job.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines