• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AcroExch Error with Abobe Reader (11.0.03)

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on a helpdesk, and we keep getting people with the following error while trying to embed PDFs into Word documents. "The program used to create this object is AcroExch. That program is either not installed on your computer or it is not responding. To edit this object, install AcroExch or ensure that any dialog boxes in AcroExch are closed." I tried most of the obvious things to solve this problem (repaired Office and Reader, reverted back to an older version of reader, ran C Cleaner). I also tried some more obscure things like deleting old keys from the resistry manually and things of that nature. I don't know what else to try. There seem to be some fixes for this problem in Adobe Reader X, but based on what I've seen, none of these work in Reader XI. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Hello All.  I had this issue too, when I was trying insert a PDF into a Word document using Insert -> Object -> Create From File.  My IT department instructed me to insert it differently and it works.  Use Insert -> Object -> Create New.  This worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/452958

Thast has a working solution for Reader X, but it should apply to  XI as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried that with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem! When I try to import a pdf object in word it gave a Package or an AcroExch error, if I'm using the drag and drop method or the insert-object menu, respectively.

System: Win7 SP1 64bits EN + Office 2010 Professional 64bits EN + Acro Read 11 EN

I did a survey among several computers at my workplace and discovered that only the computers with Win7 64 + Office pro 64 combo have this problem. I removed both Office 64bits and Acro Reader and installed the Office 32bits version. Afterwards reinstalled the Acro Reader (same version). The problem never appeared again. It seams an issue with the 64bits version.

Previously, I also tried the most common solutions found on Internet and none of them solved the problem.

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see how using office 10  as, I bought mine on a disk and they did not have 64 bits in use in 2010?  Please clarify. TY PJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced this problem on a few documents I tried to insert as icons in a word document.

Then I opened the Adobe document and saved, overwriting the old one, not changing the name.
Then I could insert document as an icon and the problem did not occure any more.

Hope it helps!

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All.  I had this issue too, when I was trying insert a PDF into a Word document using Insert -> Object -> Create From File.  My IT department instructed me to insert it differently and it works.  Use Insert -> Object -> Create New.  This worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please say thanks to your IT department, bshep22! The solution Works fine. I am using Office 2013 64 bits on Windows 7 64 bits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do this after you converted the doc. to word? TY PJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bshep22,

please show the codes about use insert->object ->create new process...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wonderful...worked for me too. thanks bshep22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The instructions bshep22 posted worked but user says that the file name is not carried over, unlike if you use "Create from

File" where file name is usually copied/carried over as well. Any ideas on how to get around this? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To whom it still may concern:

I have Office 2010 64bit and I struggled to insert PDF documents same way as . I tried all of workarounds described here and in any forum that I found with Google, no luck.

But I was lucky to came up with following workaround: Install FoxIt PDF viewer. Somehow this fix my issue.

The only problem now is that PDF file is inserted with incorrect icon. To fix this click on "Change Icon..." -> "Browse..." -> locate your Adobe Reader binaries (for me it is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\acroRd32.exe)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out on my PC. To insert a PDF document as an Object and avoid the error; Close out Adobe completely on your Computer then wait a few seconds to ensure that the Adobe program is completely closed out by your syetem, then Try inserting the PDF file again into the Word document. It worked on my two PCs this way. 

Hope this helps someone out to get over the Error message!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue and used this to fix it. Open adobe, Edit > Preferences > Security (Enhanced) > Uncheched Enable Protected Mode at Startup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines