• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hate W8, want W7 back!!

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do to get Flash Player? Dont find it. It says that is embadded in W8, but still they ask for it when I want to look att some films and so on!! I do not understand anything of this W8. It is rotten. Who decided to change W7 and XP to this bad W8. I hope he is out of job now!!! Please tell me in a simple way how I do to get to find Flash Player, outlook mail, and more like W7.

Barbro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Flash Player IS embedded  (in Internet Exploder) in Windows 8 and should update through Windows Update.  If you've "broken free of Microsoft's shackles and chains" and use a better browser, like Firefox or Chrome, then download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking the following link.

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

For Outlook, you'll need Office 2013 ($229-$499 depending on the version)... or use Thunderbird for free.

Lastly, unfortunately, Windows will never be like it

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player IS embedded  (in Internet Exploder) in Windows 8 and should update through Windows Update.  If you've "broken free of Microsoft's shackles and chains" and use a better browser, like Firefox or Chrome, then download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking the following link.

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

For Outlook, you'll need Office 2013 ($229-$499 depending on the version)... or use Thunderbird for free.

Lastly, unfortunately, Windows will never be like it was. The people at Microsoft have dictated that the world will all use touch tablets and their cruddy OS for it... or switch to Mac... Personally I prefer my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for helping me. I wonder why not the customers can decide if they want  W7 to the laptop and W8 to touch tablets,

Why must Microsoft decide???

Babsan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still get new computers with Windows 7; nobody is forced to use Windows 8.

Business/corporate customers will never go for Windows 8, the same way as they avoided Vista.  Windows 7 will be available for years to come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener wrote:

You can still get new computers with Windows 7; nobody is forced to use Windows 8.

Business/corporate customers will never go for Windows 8, the same way as they avoided Vista.  Windows 7 will be available for years to come.

Pat, have you seen the PRICE of a "new" PC with Windows 7 lately?

Most (not all, but most - you really have to dig to find something reasonable anymore) regular retail laptops now start at about $1200.00, Desktops start about $800.00. They KNOW people don't want 8, so they're putting the squeeze on people who want 7.
I was very reluctant to get a new laptop because of the WIndows 8 problems, I bought a new Mac for my desktop because of it. I can run Windows 7 on the Mac, so it's like I never gave up my old PC. I was sorely tempted to get a MacBook too, but I didn't have the $1400.00 for it so I settled for a Toshiba at $329.00.
I have some more money coming in a few weeks and I'm getting a MacBook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't looked at computer prices recently, but just out of curiosity I went to the Dell website and assembled a similar laptop (Inspiron) that I currently have at home; the price with Windows 7 was ¥64,000 ($650), with Windows 8 ¥61,000 ($620).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My point exactly. And that SAME Win 7 machine two years ago, likely went for $400 or less. Most Win 7 machines are now more than their Win 8 replacements, and some drastically more. "Supply and demand."

Microsoft’s sales lifecycle for Windows (which is different from its support lifecycle) specifies that retailers will be able to sell the boxed version of Windows 7 until at least October 25, 2013, and OEMs can sell PCs with Windows 7 pre-loaded until October 25, 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines