• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plug-In not working, Latest Flash is installed properly, Apple.com told me to contact Adobe directly

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on the phone with Apple.com support and, after trouble-shooting everything, they told me that the plug-in for Adobe is not installed properly or has some kind of bug.  My Flash is not working in Safari -- I cannot view any youtube or Hulu videos, etc, and I get an error message telling me to download the latest version of Flash.  Apple.com support person told me I have properly installed the latest version of Flash (and all my other software is up to date) but that something is wrong with the plug-in and only Adobe would know how to fix that since it's their software.  This problem only occurs in Safari.  My Flash player works in Firefox but that is not my preferred browser, which is why I want the problem fixed.  Flash also works when I open a guest account.  HELP!  I have a 9-day old newborn baby and cannot afford to a) take my computer in to the Apple store or b) not watch videos while I'm home all day with a crying newborn.  Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Go to: Mac HD/library/Internet Plug Ins

Trash the Flash Player.plugin file from there

Go to: Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Trash the Flash Player folder from there

Empty the trash

Download the Offline Installer: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_player_11_osx.dmg

(Right click and "Save as")

Mount the DMG and run the installer

Relaunch Safari

Got to: Safari>Preferences

Under the Security tab, make sure "Alow all other plugins" is checked.

Go to a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to: Mac HD/library/Internet Plug Ins

Trash the Flash Player.plugin file from there

Go to: Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Trash the Flash Player folder from there

Empty the trash

Download the Offline Installer: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_player_11_osx.d...

(Right click and "Save as")

Mount the DMG and run the installer

Relaunch Safari

Got to: Safari>Preferences

Under the Security tab, make sure "Alow all other plugins" is checked.

Go to a page with Flash Content.

It should now work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear C F McBlob,

OMG you fixed it!!  Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to respond to my post.  I thought I was going to lose my mind with a 9-day old baby and not having the capabilities to watch videos and take a break from the crying.  I really can't thank you enough.  Your instructions were clear (for someone who has no idea what they're doing with computers) and you had the right solution.  Many, many thanks!

Best,

Rouge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No... YOU fixed it. I just showed you how.  I had a "colicky" daughter myself sixteen years ago. We didn't even have a computer back then.... loI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines