• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canceling a Search disables the Search function

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2013 Jul 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using RoboHelp 10 and producing WebHelp.

Our testing team noticed this problem. If the user starts a search in the Help and then clicks the Cancel link (that appears briefly in the left pane), the entire search function is disabled.

The status bar shows "javascript:void(0);" and then a dialog box opens stating:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http...URL...onlinehelp/whstub.js:181

Another time the same message opened, but with this reference: ...onlinehelp/whstub.js:172

I admit that I do not know javascript. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Did you find a resolution?

Many, many thanks.

Ann Greenseth

Message was edited by Peter Grainge to remove email address from thread.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann

I have removed your email address from your post. It's advisable not to include email addresses in any forum unless you enjoy spam.

I don't think this is a common problem, not one I am familiar with. Cancel appears briefly but it's so brief I don't think any real user would click it. We do see posts from time to time where testers have found something that is real but highly unlikely to be encountered by normal users.

I think this is one you may have to live with but do report it.

Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. I think you are likely correct. It is true that I had trouble recreating it because the Search can be quite fast. I have reported it. In the meantime, I will get back with my team about your response. Thanks again! Ann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2013 Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann & Peter,

I am new to Adobe forum. Could you please let me know how to find the reported bugs in Adobe forum.

I tried with https://bugbase.adobe.com, but I didn't get the RoboHelp option in 'Products' drop down.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no publicly viewable list of the bugbase. You can add new items using the link I posted above.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Sharath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

If you don’t mind I have an advice to give regarding the above issue,

Your comment:

Cancel appears briefly but it's so brief I don't think any real user would click it.

I believe that purpose of cancel button is to cancel the process which is running/In progress.

If this is not something that real user is going to use then it is better to remove it. Since this bug is disabling the search functionality only.

Again this is just an advice and I hope this makes sense.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't say the purpose was otherwise. It's Adobe you need to advise though as I cannot remove it.

Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Peter.

Thank you, Sharath. Peter is correct that this is not a situation that we (at Intermedix) can solve. Adobe must make this change. I have already submitted the bug to Adobe. We are going to set this aside for the present, to see whether Adobe will address this. Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp