• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The left navigation pane (index tree) is not displaying in last Google Chrome version (Version 28.0

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm publishing my RoboHelp 9 projects in IIS (Windows Server) and the index tree is gone if I open them in Chrome version 28.0.1500.72 m

If I apply the fix (WebHelp TOC does not display using Google's Chrome Browser) suggested here http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm#browsers

it looks like it fixes the problem for European languages but it breaks the search functionality for Asian languages.

Any idea?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix does say it is only for Rh7.

Could it be like Item 6 at http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm#webhelp. You haven't said if the problem is only with Chrome.

Try publishing from the sample projects. That will identify whether it is a general or project issue.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter for your prompt reply.

Yes, the problem is only with Chrome, and specifically the last version. The projects were working fine in Chrome version 27.

I checked and the mime types are set up correctly on IIS, so that has to be excluded as a problem.

Do you know if there is any fix for RH 9 whver.js file to apply for Chrome?

We have many projects published in different languages, and never a problem with the TOC, but I'll try to publish a sample project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fix would have been included in later versions so I am guessing the Chinese search problem was not picked up the original fix.

I can only suggest contacting Adobe Tech Support. It may be they are aware of the issue and have a fix.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp