Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot use ID on new computer

Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an ID on my laptop so that I could download and transfer ebooks from the library onto my ereader. Now that I no longer have that laptop, I am trying to install the program on my new one. However it won't allow me to use my ID and it won't allow me to create a new ID with my email address. What do I do? Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes ADE gets its registration/activation confused and in a semi-authorized state.

Unfortunately, it often then gives misleading error messages about what is wrong.

A common incorrect message informs you that the ID is already in use on another computer and cannot be reused.

This can often be resolved by completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your (old) Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this is probably a silly question, but do I have to be on a certain screen in the program when I press ctrl + shift + D? Also, do I do this on my new computer? As I do not have access to the old one anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I should have been more specific, you need to be on the Library screen of ADE for ctrl-shift-D.

That will give you a prompt to confirm you do want to delete your old authorization (you do).

This is on your new computer; it is that one that isn't letting you authorize for some reason.

It would actually have been good to have done it on the old one as well.

You will eventually run out of authorizations (6 devices), and then you will need to get Adobe to reset things.

Deauthorizing the old computer would have put off that day; but failing to deauthorize won't cause any other issues.

Often people can't as the old computer is either dead or given away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines