• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why does page-break-before get replaced with br class hcp10?

Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why does <br style="page-break-before: always;"> get replaced with <br class="hcp10">

This issue only occurs when generating an HTML Help CHM file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

An alternative method can be found in Item 23 at http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm#content.

Are you saying the code in the source file gets changed? I suspect you mean target files but how are you identifying the change in a CHM? Is the change causing a problem?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have edited the title to remove the HTML as that causes issues with RSS feeds etc.

Please take a look at the Before You Post thread. What version of Rh are you using?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!

I'm using Rh 10.0.1.292

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An alternative method can be found in Item 23 at http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm#content.

Are you saying the code in the source file gets changed? I suspect you mean target files but how are you identifying the change in a CHM? Is the change causing a problem?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your recommendation worked - thank you!

I open the source code in the CHM page and see that page breaks differ on certain pages.

The change causes the printout to be continuous, which is not what I want.

Thanks for you help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp