• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plug-In not working on any browser, Latest Flash is installed properly,all was fine until i updated

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, all was working fine until yesterday when i updated flash to the newest version, im sad because i can't open any video on youtube, i tried with safari, firefox and chrome, no one seems to work fine. Please if you can help me i will be very happy.
I tried uninstalling and reinstaling but the result always is the same.. i can't enjoy internet as in the past because i can't open ANYTHING, this is not funny
Please help!!

imac 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

4GB Ram

OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.4

Ivan.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the offline installer here: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_player_11_osx.d...

If it won't download directly, right click and "Save as"

Go to: Mac HD/Library/Internet Plugins

Trash the Flash Player.plugin file from there

Go to: Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Trash the Flash Player folder (the whole folder)

Empty the trash

Reboot

Mount the DMG and run the installer.

BEFORE opening any Flash content in Safari, open Safari>Preferences, and check the Security tab to make sure "Allow all other plugins" is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man this doesn't worked for me =(, i did exactly what you told me and still can't open any flash, this is sad... what can i do??
What's wrong, everything was working fine until i click the "update flash". I'm starting to get crazy beacuse i can't do anything as i said!!!
Please if someone here can help me i really will appreciate that.

Thank's for answer!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Safari or Firefox, or Chrome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Safari, the installation process is complete like a normal update... actually i can see how flash appears on the system preferences like if all was fine, but when i get to youtube or another kind of flash content a message appears "error module".
Actually i'm capable to view some videos but it's like 1 of ten, i don't know what depends of that. Seems like always there are troubles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SafariScreenSnapz001.jpg

Is that bottom box checked in your Safari Preferences under Security?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, all of them are checked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new user account and see if the plugin works under that account.
If it does, you need to "repair permissions" on your account using the Disk Utility app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same results, i'm tired... repaired the permissions and still having the problem, any suggestions?
if the problem persist the only way i seem on how could i make this works is returning to snow leopard and format my computor, i think update to lion was an error and i hate this situation, i can't be the only one having this problem... what is supposed i need to do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines