• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot get flash to work on either browsers.

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched google for hours, and have read quite a bit of useful information, but unfortunately it did not work for me.   so here is my problem.

I just restored my pc, installed only what I needed for my pc to work right now, video drivers, browsers, etc.   I install the latest version of flash.  every page i go too, it will not show my videos. 

I'm running windows 7 54 bit,  Firefox 7.0,  IE 9.   firefox shows in my add on's that I do have flash installed, it's enabled, and should be working.  but it doesn't.  even when I go to adobe's page I don't see the animations I'm suppose to see. 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled different versions of flash.  and still nothing works.  I'm not getting any errors that it didn't install correctly.  and I haven't installed my antivirus software yet, but Will once I get everything sorted out, so It couldn't be that.

any help you can give me I would greatly appreciate it.  and any more info you need, I will do my best to give you that as well.

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox 7.0 is fifteen (15) versions obsolete. They're on 22 now. http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

That would be a start

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stick with this version because I know it works with all my add on's and never had a problem with it.   I restored my pc 2 days ago, and had the same version installed, with the up to date flash. and never had any issues with it.  

I assume if it worked fine before it should do the same, but If I need to get the latest firefox update then I will, but It still won't work with IE 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JupiterRain wrote:

I stick with this version because I know it works with all my add on's and never had a problem with it.   I restored my pc 2 days ago, and had the same version installed, with the up to date flash. and never had any issues with it.  

I assume if it worked fine before it should do the same, but If I need to get the latest firefox update then I will, but It still won't work with IE 9.

If the latest Flash Player WON'T work with your Firefox (and it won't - see below),

and you NEED the latest Flash Player to view content on the web...

then you have the choice to update your browser, or stop viewing Flash content.

Per http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/tech-specs.html

Flash Player 11 System requirements

Windows

• 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
  • Microsoft® Windows® XP (32 bit), Windows Server 2008 (32 bit), Windows Vista® (32 bit), Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit), Windows 8 (32 bit and 64 bit), or Windows Server 2012 (64 bit)
  • Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 17 or later, Google Chrome, Safari 5.0 or later, or Opera 11
  • 512MB of RAM (1GB of RAM recommended for netbooks); 128MB of graphics memory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be caused by an outdated graphics driver; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I do have the latest update on my video card.  that was priority one when I restored everything lol.   I'm starting to wonder if I just had a bad restore?  and maybe I should do it again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines