• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorisation issues

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot authorise digital editions.  purchased new tablet two weeks ago, windows 8,  downloaded latest adobe DE and could no authorise as there was no internet setup.  Now i keep getting a message that I cannot use a previous log in address and password, so i proceed ot Create New ID which then tells me that I am already authorised.

Totally confused here.  I just need to authorise so that I can transfer my files from my old clunker which is failing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your old Adobe ID.

Don't use your new ID.  You won't be able to read DRM books associated with the old ID on it.

Sometimes ADE gets its registration/activation confused and in a semi-authorized state.

Unfortunately, it often then gives misleading error messages about what is wrong. (Adobe forgot the product test part when they release ADE2.0)

A common misleading message is the one that says something like 'this ID is already in use on another computer';

presumably that is the message you saw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I am afraid that I will have to delete library, I have them in an account

on the purchase site, then delete ADE and reinstall again.

Then hopefully the error will not reoccur, but anything could happen if

Adobe did not test this product

REgards karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Deleted library then uninstalled and re installed with no luck.    I am going overseas next week and was hoping for some reading on long flights. 

Is there a technical number I can ring to sort this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting libraries and uninstalling and reinstalling will not change the competer's AdobeID authorization, and so will not resolve any issues.

Have you tried the suggestions above:

Try completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your old Adobe ID.

~~~

You can try Adobe Live Chat: http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html, but I doubt they will help very much.

Their attitude is that as ADE is free (even though an essential part of a service for which Adobe receives income form licencees) they have no obligation to support it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there. I did another delete and re installation and bingo, I got the

correct login which worked. Cannot understand why it took such an effort,

never had this issue previously.

Thanks for your assistance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines