• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues downloading Photoshop CC

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - I'm running on a Macbook Pro with OSX 10.6.8. I purchased a Creative Cloud membership in June for my freelance work and successfully downloaded Dreamweaver CS6 at that time. However, when I went to download Photoshop CC, I got the following error message from Adobe Application Manager: "Installation completed though some optional components failed to install correctly."

When I go to open Photoshop out of my applications folder on my computer, it shows up grey with a circle with a line through it and I get the following error: "You can't open the application Adobe Photoshop CC because it may be damaged or incomplete."

When I choose to view "more details" in the notes from AAM, these are the errors that come up in the file:

Exit Code: 6 Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: DF024 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary -------------------------------------- - 0 fatal error(s), 5 error(s)

----------- Payload: AdobeColorCommonSetCMYK CC 5.0.0.0 {C4196275-B11A-40A1-8727-3C145C8F7D95} ----------- ERROR: DF024: Unable to preserve original file at "/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Profiles" (Seq 21) ----------- Payload: AdobeColorCommonSetRGB CC 5.0.0.0 {C8DEBB29-3EB0-4B97-B652-4DE482B111BC} ----------- ERROR: DF024: Unable to preserve original file at "/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Profiles" (Seq 11) ----------- Payload: AdobeColorPhotoshop CC 5.0.0.0 {5C5D62C9-91C6-415E-857E-9130C0F52C66} ----------- ERROR: DF024: Unable to preserve original file at "/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Profiles" (Seq 3) ----------- Payload: AdobeColorVideoProfilesCS CC 5.0.0.0 {CE9B1B00-0421-4701-9698-1C14646D6D94} ----------- ERROR: DF024: Unable to preserve original file at "/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Profiles" (Seq 5) ----------- Payload: Adobe Photoshop CC Core 14.0.0.0 {AA01D250-3E72-4FD7-9A3B-F9A9C1DBC016} ----------- ERROR: DF024: Unable to preserve original file at "/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Profiles" (Seq 3933) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additionally, I've already tried to run the Cleaner tool with no success. I've also tried to uninstall whatever this corrupted version is, but downloading it again yields the same result. I've replicated this error every time.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated, as I've been struggling with this for over a month and I'm really quite frustrated. I'm currently in the process of downloading InDesign CC to see if that will install correctly, I can provide an update on that once the download completes. Thanks!

---

Update: I recieved similar errors with InDesign, but the program opens and seems to run fine.

These are the errors:

Exit Code: 6

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DF024 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s)

----------- Payload: AdobeColorCommonSetCMYK CC 5.0.0.0 {C4196275-B11A-40A1-8727-3C145C8F7D95} -----------

ERROR: DF024: Unable to preserve original file at "/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Profiles" (Seq 21)

----------- Payload: AdobeColorCommonSetRGB CC 5.0.0.0 {C8DEBB29-3EB0-4B97-B652-4DE482B111BC} -----------

ERROR: DF024: Unable to preserve original file at "/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Profiles" (Seq 11)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message was edited by: kmw5340

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Sign Out and Sign In again Creative Cloud.

It will refresh the information the you can re-install. If it doesn't help then uninstall Photoshop from it's application folder and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to rename the "Profiles" folder to "Profiles_old" on /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Profiles

Try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I uninstall the disfunctional version first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try simple re-install after rename.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've renamed the aforementioned folder, but now when I go back into AAM, all it says is "Photoshop CC Up to Date." Is there a workaround to re-install? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign Out and Sign In again Creative Cloud.

It will refresh the information the you can re-install. If it doesn't help then uninstall Photoshop from it's application folder and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome! That worked. Thanks so much! I really appreciate the help. Weeks of frustration solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines