Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE Doesn't Recognize Kobo E-Reader

Dec 09, 2011 Dec 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a couple of months of effort, my wife has been unable to get a library book onto the Kobo e-Reader via Adobe Digital Editions. I am now trying to figure out the problem......

ADE does not recognize the Kobo e-Reader that is to say the Kobo does not show up as an icon on the Bookshelf of ADE. So there is no way to transfer the book onto it.

I have tried uninstalling the ADE and reinstalling to see if it would then recognize the e-Reader to no avail.

The ADE is "authorized" and the Kobo reader is recognized by the computer as evidenced by it showing up with a drive letter in "MY Computer".

Assistance requested and appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2012 Dec 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue and fixed it by uninstalling Kobo desktop software and ADE, and resetting my Kobo to factory defaults.  I then restarted my computer, connected my Kobo, installed Kobo desktop software (and went through the e-reader setup)t, then installed ADE and it recognized my Kobo.  I then authorized the computer, and authorized the device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 22, 2012 Dec 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a few issues with ADE 2.0 and reverted to the earlier 1.7.2.

Version 1.7.2 is a little difficult to find,

I found it for PC at http://www.tucows.com/preview/853736/Adobe-Digital-Edition-For-EBooks

I don't know if ADE2.0 has issues with Kobo too, but it is worth trying 1.7.2 and seeing if it is any better for you..

This is a guess; but the last time I made the same guess the issues were different from any I had seen before (XP install), but the guess worked.

These issues with the Kobo sound similar to those I had with Sony PRS-350 ( http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1111732?tstart=0 )

sarracenia's solution is also similar to mattrweaver1's solution for the PRS-350 in that thread (though even more drastic).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how to help, but have you authorized your kobo to the same Adobe ID as your ADE? ADE can only transfer to devices registered under the same Adobe account.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooooohhh... I almost forgot... Did you select 'Manage Library' on your device after connecting it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I spent a couple of days trying to get ADE 4.5 to work with Windows  10 on a new computer.  For years, I've be3en using Version 3 and Windows 10 without problems.  I found Adobe Digital Editions downloads
https://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/downloads.html.  Well down the list is a small section on ADE 2.0 and 3.0.  With a little difficulty and despite severe warnings, I installed this 3.0.  The first time I ran it I got an authorization error.  I searched on the error message and found a posting that gave a pssrocess with a couple of slight modifications to the registry.  A couple of minutes with regedit and everything seems to be workibng fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines