Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is my Flash Player?

Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been wrestllng with an issue for weeks.  I have cleaned my registry, run Malware programs, and my machine has AVS on it.  I ran Windows Defender, and Norton.  I am running a Dell i3 with Windows 7 SP1, IE 10 and Chrome.  I have followed all of the on line suggestions, uninstalling, installing a fresh copy, I upgraded the IE to 10, the W7 is current.  I have Shockwave enabled, Java is running and if I install a fresh copy of Flash I can go to You Tube and run 1 video and then I start getting errors.  This video is not available, You need to upgrade your Flash, This video not availalbe.

I even talked to my computer repair company and they remoted into the machine and completely cleaned it up and as I did again ran all of your suggested repairs.  The only thing that is strange is that my computer passes your tests, showing it is installed and the version yet when I look it up in Control Panel, all programs, it isn't there and it doesn't appear in Control Panel either.

HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are trying to watch these videos on IE or on Chrome?

For IE you must install the Flash Player ActiveX Control, and it should show up in Programs & Features (under Adobe).

Chrome comes with Flash Player preinstalled; it will not show in Programs and Features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to use both IE and Chrome. Neither works. Flash Player has been installed and it does not show up anywhere nor does it work in IE or Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the 32-bit or 64-bit edition of Windows 7?

Anyway, go to C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash and tell me what files you have in there.

Also, for IE check

In Chrome check if the Flash Player plugin is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running 64 bit Windows 7

Here are the files:

Name Size Date Modified

activex.vch 1.5 MB 7/26/13 10:31:11 AM

Flash32_11_8_800_94.ocx 15.5 MB 7/26/13 10:31:11 AM

FlashInstall.log 282 kB 7/26/13 10:31:14 AM

FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe 251 kB 7/26/13 10:31:12 AM

FlashUtil32_11_8_800_94_ActiveX.dll 468 kB 7/26/13 10:31:11 AM

FlashUtil32_11_8_800_94_ActiveX.exe 796 kB 7/26/13 10:31:11 AM

mms.cfg 47 B 7/26/13 10:31:12 AM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you have the 64-bit edition of Windows 7?  The files you listed are all 32-bit.

Do you have a C:\Windows\sysWOW64\Macromed\Flash folder, and what is in there?

Anyway, have you checked if the Flash Player plugin is enabled in your browsers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what my computer is telling me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2013 Jul 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, if you attached a screenshot, it didn't make it.  You need to post screenshots in the forum.

What about C:\Windows\sysWOW64\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2013 12:30 AM

To: rlabowitz

Subject: Where is my Flash Player?

Re: Where is my Flash Player?

created by Pat Willener <http://forums.adobe.com/people/pwillener> in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion <http://forums.adobe.com/message/5543088#5543088

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 28, 2013 Jul 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Name Size Date Modified [parent directory] activex.vch 1.5 MB 7/27/13 11:22:40 AM Flash32_11_8_800_94.ocx 15.5 MB 7/27/13 11:22:39 AM FlashInstall.log 301 kB 7/27/13 11:22:42 AM FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe 251 kB 7/27/13 11:22:40 AM mms.cfg 47 B 7/27/13 11:22:40 AM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 8:26 PM

To: rlabowitz

Subject: Where is my Flash Player?

Re: Where is my Flash Player?

created by Pat Willener <http://forums.adobe.com/people/pwillener> in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion <http://forums.adobe.com/message/5542912#5542912

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your replies do not contain any information.  Please go back to your forum topic and post the reply there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I am going back and posting the answers right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be getting everything now.  I am posting all the answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far I have followed all of the suggestions you have made with out success. My computer shows that i have the current version of Flash, My computer is running W7 64bit and the current version of Flash when I use the tools.  When I look in my computer that doesn't agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have double checked.  I also re-installed IE 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed thread 885448 and 867968

Chrome plug in is not working

activex.vch

Flash32_11_8_800_94.ocx

FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe

mms.cfg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 64 Bit Win 7 SP1 confirmed  The files are in another email.  I have also gone through threads 885448 and 867968

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both IE and Chrome and neither is working.  I have installed and uninstalled, IE, Chrome and Adobe.  Flash does not show up in Programs & Features nor Control Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines