Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert HTML RoboHelp file into CSV format

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for help wherein I need to convert HTML RoboHelp file into CSV format.

Regards,

Sanjay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you wanting to converting a CHM file to a CSV file? A CHM is a container for various files rather than truly being one file.

Why would you want anything from RoboHelp to be a CSV file?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today (10 years later), I am curious if there is a solution. This community post mentioned that Salesfoce's knowledge base needed a CSV to accept any imported content from elsewhere. That is also try of Zendesk's knowledge base (called "Guide"). Has anyone figured out how to use RoboHelp to generate or export to CSV? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't think there's any need to go that route - it seems that RH can now integrate to Salesforce KB - see https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp-discussions/rh-2020-update-4-publishing-rh-output-as-a-sales... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typo: I meant that the need for a CSV import is also "true" for Zendesk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Support sent me this article Using RoboHelp to Publish to Zendesk .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I am also looking to convert RoboHelp 9 files to CSV and can't figure out how to do this. This is required as we are migrating our help system to Salesforce.

Can anyone explain how I can do this?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CSVs are typically for information that is in a spreadsheet or database. Rh files are text explaining how something works and suchlike. I cannot understand how that can be comma separated.

I think you need to speak to Salesforce.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same boat. It's like this:

SalesForce has a new knowledgebase tool called SalesForce Knowledge. I want to populate the knowlegebase with hundreds of topics already written in FM10 and published through RH11. According to the Knowledge doc (https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_knowledge_implementation_guide.pdf) the only way to bulk-import content is via .CSV files, one for each *type* of topic (all FAQs in one CSV file, all procedures in another, etc).

This should be a common use case for a number of knowledge base products. Last year at another employer, MindTouch could not bulk-import topics either.  They wanted a .CHM file to work from, but that failed anyway.

IMO if Adobe could close the circuit here their TCS4 product would become much more valuable. Many employers want knowledgebases now, but the single-sourcing technology seems not to keep up with the need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See if this helps. https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/rh2022/outputs/outputs_knowledge_base.htm

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp