Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get to Flash Player update?

Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New computer needs Flash Player update. When I go to download area after checking for current version, it skips the download and goes to a trouble shooting screen. I have gone through all of the ideas listed and have had none of those issues. Why can't I even get to the download? Computer has Windows 8. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE10 on Windows 8 uses Windows Update to update Flash Player; see http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 27, 2013 Jul 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering! I did understand that IE10 has automatic updates, however the version search for Flash Player still shows the 11.3.372.94 version rather than the 11.8.800.94 that my game site must be clamoring for. So it's hard to tell if the update is in effect in my computer or not. If so, then the issue must be something else I will have to discover. But again, thanks for giving it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2013 Jul 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

miatapeg wrote:

I did understand that IE10 has automatic updates

Did you run Windows Update?  I don't know if the Flash Player update comes as an optional update, as I do not have (nor want) Windows 8).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for trying to help! I guess the automatic updates finally kicked in because after a few days all was fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, make sure that you are on the: adobe.com web site.  Trying to download Adobe Flash Player from some site other than Adobe will do exactly what you described.

1.  Log on to adobe.com

2.  Click the Downloads tab at the top of the page.

3.  On the right side you will see the Download box containing: Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Air, Adobe Shockwave Player

4.  Click on Adobe Flash Player and follow the prompts to download it.  It should download and install successfully.  If not, you will need to download the Adobe Shockwave Player if your Windows 8 did not come with Adobe Shockwave Player installed. Click "Tools">Manage Add Ons and look around for Adobe Shockwave Player.  If you see it, you have to "enable" it so it will work with Adobe Flash Player.

If you don't have Adobe Shockwave Player already, I would download that first and then download Adobe Flash Player 'cause you will need Adobe Shockwave Player (Enabled)  for the Adobe Flash Player to work.  At least I do.  I have given you the steps for Windows Vista.  That's the Operating System that I'm running.  They might work exactly for Windows 8.  I don't know. But they should be close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering! I definitely did go to Adobe.com and followed their instructions. I understand since then that IE10 has Flash embedded and handles the updates. I have even downloaded an update. Still the Flash version comes up 11.3.372.94, while the latest version which is apparently necessary for my game site is 11.8.800.94. I will continue to do research to correct this issue but in the meantime it has taken a lot of the fun out of getting a new computer! Thanks again for taking the time to help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help! The issue resolved itself somehow and now all is good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help! The issue resolved itself after a few days. Maybe the updates took effect; maybe the problem site worked it out. Who knows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines