• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfml2js using wddx

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2007 Mar 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a coldfustion array I'd like to convert to javascript. It sounds like I can do that using wddx cfml2js.

I want to then write it to the js in the parent frame something like parent.myJSarrayvariablename=whatevervalueIjustgotfromthewddxconversion

At some point I'll need it back in coldfusion again, can I just then convert it back from the javascript array to a coldfusion array using wddx?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 02, 2007 Mar 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Unfortunately, in order to pass data from the client (web browser) to the server you need to initiate a server call. This CAN be accomplished without changing the browser page via AJAX, but it might be easier to force the user to send data to the server via a page request or form post.

In plain english - in order to get data to the server from the browser, you have to send it there. Form submission and AJAX calls are probably your best bet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation