• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe digital - how can I re-authorize my computer so that I can download to my reader?

Jul 28, 2013 Jul 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I re-authorize my computer to alow me to transfer my EPUB books to my reader?  I tryed several times and in so many words it says I cannot do it with my email and pass word.  Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Sometimes ADE gets its registration/activation confused and in a semi-authorized state.

Unfortunately, it often then gives misleading error messages about what is wrong.

A common incorrect message informs you that the ID is already in use on another computer and cannot be reused.

This can often be resolved by completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to the Library screen on ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your (old) Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2013 Jul 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done this 2 times and it did not work.  I even deleted the digital program from my computer and reloaded it and that did not work.  Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes ADE gets its registration/activation confused and in a semi-authorized state.

Unfortunately, it often then gives misleading error messages about what is wrong.

A common incorrect message informs you that the ID is already in use on another computer and cannot be reused.

This can often be resolved by completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to the Library screen on ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your (old) Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. It responded just like you said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried this to no avail!

I erased authorization, then re-authorized, hit OK

double clicked on the book I wish to open in the ADE library and get the message 

"computer authorization needed"....

but I just authorized it!  HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines