• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Web App Item For Registered Users to Offer Their Users?

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2013 Jul 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to allow users to create an account, on their account page they have for example a directory (web app) this allows their friends/family/users to submit to their account page and appear in their directory? So in effect my "users" have their own "users".

So i would need to automate a sign up process that would create an account page for my users that was also assigned to it's own url or folder (www.mysite.com/USERPAGE ). On the user account they would probably need a couple of templates, on for them to set up their account page and one that faces the world that allows their users to sign up. So there's three layers of sign up and web apps going on here, is it possible?

Any help will be gratefully recieved.

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

You can not have people post to someone elses secure content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, thanks for your reply.

Could the users clients / friends etc maybe submit a form to the user which they could then "upload" into their page. it would then be a case of manually updating that form data via a web app (or creating some kind of script that could do it) so it was alomost like faking automation?

I guess i'm looking for a way of creating a micro cms within a cms system. A way of managing a one page specific web app.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you consider the user?

If it is someone logging into a securezone and managing their web app items etc - then no. Your asking for a community portal system which BC is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My users would be the actual signed up account holders - the would sign up to my website and their account would give them a webpage in which they could have a searchable web app. An example would be a directory. So to expand the example my user might set up a page showing local plumbing services. Plumbers in there area could request to be added to this list, ideally they would subscribe. These people would be my users-users.

I'm probably over-using the word 'user' here. And I'm probably not explaining the idea properly at all. I'm pretty certain there's a simple answer to what i'm after but I'm more than likely complicating the overview in my mind and that's coming over in my description of what I need.

The community portal system is an interesting idea though and there may be some legs in that, although I really hope to keep this project on the BC platform so that I can have more input and control over the final product.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that plumber list is accessed by anyone or anyone as part of a securezone - You can do this.

If the list is a request formation for a certain user and "Their list" then this is NOT possible.

If you are going forward to expand that into the more community portal aspects you may be best looking at another sollution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the "driectory" or web app would be visible to anyone who view my users pages. There's no need to keep those as secured, only the backend for my user to set up their intro text etc.

I see I have to work out how to seperate out the secure zones and the web app structure. I am very hopeful that I wont need to look at other platforms.

Thanks very much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With what you have said in the othe thread Tony - Your better to look at other platforms. You wont get a setup you are happy with for this on BC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I hear you. And actually, thinking about it at best I was hoping to create on BC as a proof of concept, because if it did work as planned I would want full control of the histing anyway.

IN fact this has made me consider other options on a wider level too.

Thanks very much for your time and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NP Tony,

Unless your one of the most experienced BC dev's out there and a wiz with ajaz, jquery and the in's and outs with BC, even then you would have something that has a lot of manual operation because it is not designed for this social/portal sort of concept.

It is not really a bad thing and big whole in system, its just not built really for that sort of web role.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I'm certainly not any of those things

I'm not bad with a pencil.

I'll ask a freind of mine to help me do something maybe using Joomla. Joomla's free so I'm sure he'll help me for free. It's what his clients keep telling him anyway. Ha ha.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a couple of paid plugins that modify Joomla quite a lot that will do this fine. Just a lot of work to customise Joomla and make it work well. So there is cost there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, that's not a problem. I used to deisgn joomla sites a while back, that's why I was joking about the "it being free..." We used to really struggle with some clients' expectations, and amazement that we actuall wanted some form of payment for designing and building Joomla sites. They thought because Joomla was free, then it follows that our time and effort too, would be the same cost.

Thanks a lot for your help I'll look into these plugin. Great stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines