• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to create tabs

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with FM9. I can't create tabs in a paragraph via paragraph designer or by drag and drop. When I open paragraph designer and click 'edit' the tab position window pops up but when I enter a value and press 'continue' the windows disappear and no fault message pops up. It's like nothing happened. Any idea what can be the issue?

According to IT all my permission settings etc. are ok and the latest version of 9.0 p255 is installed.

I've tried to call and/or chat about this issue with Adobe but keep being parked on hold by Framemaker dept., Terrible service!!! case# 184532797

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Yep, problem is solved after re-installation of FM9 keeping the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your paragraph designer docked along the side? Try moving it off and have it float as in earlier versions of FM. Various misbehaviours in the designers have been reported while they are in the docked locations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion Arnis but the paragraph designer is not docked and is floating. I'll try and see if there is any change when I do dock it. Nothing seems to help so I'm thinking of having IT reinstall the software to see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, problem is solved after re-installation of FM9 keeping the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines