Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from WebHelp 2002 to Chrome compatible version

Jul 28, 2013 Jul 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently responsible for upgrading a web-based application to be cross browser compatible. This application has a tutorial generated from Robohelp which is displayed using Webhelp 2002, which sits on one of our Linux servers.

Unfortunately this version is not chrome compatible, and therefore the left hand menu does not work in chrome. Is someone able to put me in contact with the person at Adobe who can explain the upgrade process to me?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is WebHelp 2002? Are you perhaps referring to your version of Rh?

To upgrade a project the very first step is to create a backup. I recommend you create a zip file so that you cannot open it accidentally and make changes thereby losing your backup.

Once you have a backup, simply open the project in the later version. See Lists on my site if you have issues with those after upgrading. Beyond that any issues have to be dealt with one by one but usually it is a simple process.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

The only information i could find is located in the metatags of the html files:

<meta name="generator" content="RoboHelp by eHelp Corporation   www.ehelp.com">

<meta name "description" content="WebHelp 2002">

Are the webhelp files generated from Robohelp on a windows desktop, then transferred to the host machine?

This work was done by someone else many years ago and i dont have robohelp installed on my machine. So i will need to purchase the chrome compatible version of Robohelp and webhelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like maybe you have a bigger problem than the need to upgrade. Do you only have the output files or do you have the source files as well?

The structure of the folder containing the output files will have various files and folders prefixed wh...

If you don't have the source files you are going to have to recreate them from the output files.

The free way of doing that is described at http://www.robowizard.com/RoboWizard/NewProject.htm#MonthlyScry/062004.htm

and there is quite a bit of work involved in that.

The alternative is a script you can purchase from http://www.wvanweelden.eu and given the time it will save, you may feel it is worth the outlay.

Check with Willam that his script will work with the output files you have. It sounds like they could be from an old version of Rh.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp