• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional action script not executing

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have four buttons, Q1, Q2,Q3,Q4.  the script for each works fine:  the variable (ex. Q1) is set equal to 1 and the other functions perform as scripted.  When all four buttons are clicked on and equal to 1, another script (Slide_End) is supposed to work--hiding a box on the screen and showing the Next button.  This Slide_End script is not working.  I have the slide properties On Enter assigned to Advanced Actions>Slide_End.  The Slide_End script has been labelled as All Clicked within the script itself.  I just can't understand what I am missing.  I have the exact same settings on another slide and it works fine.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange to post this in the Get Started forum?

Could you post a screenshot of the conditional action Slide_End? I would have combined the condition with the toggling of the variables and trigger that action by the buttons themselves. Have posted multiple times this solution on the forums (even last week if my memory is correct) and on my blog. Idea is:

• create a condtional advanced action with two decisions, first will be a mimicked standard action and toggles the variable, second will check if all vars have been toggled
  • duplicate this action to adapt the first decision for each button, second decision will always be the same

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is with the same file. Sorry, didn't realize in posted in the Getting Started section!

I will post the screenshot on my discussion post. Thanks!

Cappie Suttle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for lilybiri.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That script looks OK, but suspect it is just not executed, because the event is not occurring. Which event do you use to trigger this action?

Moreover, as I explained in my previous answer, it would be better to integratie this conditional check into the  action that increments the counters when clicking on the diffferent buttons. If you have problems creating that solution, will post more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the script that is attached to each button.  It assigns the button (ex. Midway Question 1) to equal 1.  What other action do I need to include to connect it to the first script that I sent (above)?

lilybiri script2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought you used a standard advanced action, first can you explain why you choose to do this workaround: standard action mimicked with a conditional action?

The good point is that you are already half way: just add the condition that you posted before as the second decision in this Midway_Button_1 action (second Untitled, I would label this first decision as 'Always', and 'Checking' for the second). Advanced actions are always executed totally, and in sequence. So first the variable (Midway_...) will be toggled to 1, and only in the second decision will be checked if all variables are toggled to 1.

Lilybiri

PS have a look at this old blog post, that explains this work flow for 5/5.5 but principle is still the same.

http://blog.lilybiri.com/template-for-reusing-script

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had formal training on standard v conditional actions. I learned how to make menus via a recorded webinar and have just Used the same process for everything.

I truly don't get what you're saying to do! Sorry! I'm not clear on what statements I'm adding to which set of actions?!

Cappie Suttle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never had a formal training neither, but have been blogging about advanced actions and solving use cases for many users. And wrote some articles long time ago, here you can find the link with those:

https://workspaces.acrobat.com/?d=tGgSjfVqRtEgI6fORG-zbw

Normally for a standard action, you choose 'Standard action', not a 'Conditional action'. Have a look at this old presentation, maybe it will clarify something:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/presentation-devlearn-2011

Double click on the second 'Untitled' and you have a second possibility to check something. The first condition will always be fulfilled  (IF 1 is equal to 1) so that is really a standard action. The second Untitled will be your real condition where you check all the variables and have two different sets of statement/commands depending on the answer Yes or No for that condition.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources