• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Disclaimer" type window on top of normal window

Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH10, WebHelp

Hello, I would like to have a small text box appear "floating" over a specific page. This box would have the focus on page-open so that the user must click the box to close it and view the nornal page beneath it.

I've reviewed the usual RH resources online but do not find anything quite the same as this. Suggestions appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just thought of a way to implement this, using two separate versions of the page, one having a positioned text box over the top of it and a "Continue" hyperlink pointing to a version of the same page without the text box. Can anyone suggest a more efficient solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

This would require an overlay that shows a page/project specific message. But once closed, the page must remember that the disclaimer has been read for at least as long as the current session continues. Otherwise the user would see the dislaimer every time he returns to the topic. This will require some tinkering with JavaScript as well as some custom solution in RoboHelp to make it play with RoboHelp's WYSIWYG.

I may have a solution that would work for you. If you are interested, please contact me at contact wvanweelden eu.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp