Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation of flasher saying complete but its nowhere on my computer

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have installed Adobe flash player 11 about 5 times this morning and i am still having no luck after my flash player that was working fine yesterday just stopped working???

I Go through the whole install process. It says its been successful. I go to a program which uses it. and it tells me to download the latest version as i don't have it. I have used the adobe help page and it says its not installed on my computer. I have tried restarting and shutting down my computer and still nothing. Please Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Perform a "clean install" per instructions here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed all this and still nothing

Thanks for the suggestion though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where (or what) is it that is indicating you need to update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime i go to a website that requires flash its comes up that i need to install. I use a program called reading eggs for my daughter and its come up on there, anytime i want to play a video on facebook, youtube etc. When i search my computer system for flash player nothing comes up. But it i search c drive i can find a folder called adobe flash. I can also find it when i go into tools/manageaddons/toolbarsandextentions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it's a "plugin" and not an application, you won't find a folder for it in your Program Files. It's buried several layers deep in your Windows/System 32 folder.

Are you using Internet Explorer?

If so, see: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/885448

The instructions there will make sure IE is recognizing and enabling the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for all your help. It was enabled. My husband just came home and did some problem solving and looks like one of the kids has knocked a button to turn on activex filtering. Everything is working now.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines