• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to save out/export vector art from Flash CC to open as vector art in Illustrator CC?

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to save out/export vector art from Flash CC to open as vector art in Illustrator CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Yes Alesclandre , we are looking into Flash-Illustrator workflows for the next update and we will have a vector export from Flash which could be imported into Adobe Illustrator.

Regards,

Sudeshna

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James ,

You can try https://github.com/davebelais/Extensible/blob/master/Javascript/Extens ible/SVG.jsfl which creates an SVG formatted image for your artwork. However , this is a third party extension and there might be scenarios which are not handled in this. For more info you can also check the forum post - http://forums.adobe.com/message/5498364#5498364

Further , we will have vector export from Flash as one of the features for our next major update.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudeshna Sarkar

Adobe Flash Professional Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sudeshna

I loved the FXG format, I do all my vector drawing in Flash and FXG was a breath of fresh air to me because it exported everything perfectly. Including, finally, after many years, the gradients. Now I find it is gone, I am heatbroken 🙂

Bas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past we could export to formats like wmf. It was very useful for exporting to various programs. Then it was just FXG.

Now it's nothing. Incredibly frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sudeshna,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I do not know programing so am unable to do anything with the code in the link provided. This process has caused quite allot of stress as I was able to make something work with one of my clients Flash files into Illustrator but not the other. I have CC and previous versions of Flash but none of them work for what I need. Even when I am able to get an FXG file saved it will not open in Illustrator and I keep getting the same message that the "file needs to be validated". I have no clue what that means or how to validate it. There is nothing online to help.

Is this a problem that Adobe has recognized and that is why it has been removed… for a rebuild? If so, I certainly hope they come up with a better solution than previous solutions. I am surprised there are no posts about this online as I would think it is a headache for others as well.

I am sorry for all of my frustrations and I am certainly not trying to take them out on you. I am just trying to remove vector art from Flash to work with in Illustrator. Easy enough from Illustrator to Flash.

Please let me know of any other solutions you might have and thank you again for your response.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James, if you like I could have a look and try to convert a file for you...

Bas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes James , if possible can you share the file with us. I can try to do the conversion for you.

Thanks,

Sudeshna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sudeshna,

Thank you for your help. I hope you are able to extract this as vector art and I really hope Adobe is able to answer the call on the next version of Flash.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sudeshna,

Checking in... wondering if you had any luck extracting the vector art I sent last wednesday to be used in Illustrator.

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not only frustrating, this is just unconsciousness !....

I draw all my vectors in Flash because it is just the tool I need to draw vector arts.

And then I need to export them to print them, or to share them with others.

And the only way I could do it was by exporting it in FXG.

Now there is no way to export vector files from Flash CC.

If Adobe wanted to kill Flash, it is one good way.... But hey, Adobe has already begun to kill Flash with CS4, so.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I find that somehow Flash is much easier for drawing vectors than Illustrator. Somehow this doen't get picked up though. I'm back using CS6 mainly because of the object-level undo.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started drawing in Illustrator with version 1 in 1987, but when I learned the Flash way of doing it I found I preferred Flash for many types of illustrations. With FXG I'd export vectors from Flash and import them into Illustrator for tweaking. It was shocking when I opened Flash CC and didn't see the export or the import for Illustrator CC. I had to go back to working in CS6 like many others. Very disappointing Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me say that the import of illustrator files works pretty well. And that's a really good point.

But there is a real lack of export from Flash CC to illustrator.

Hope it is in the way of being corrected. Or reimplemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Alesclandre , we are looking into Flash-Illustrator workflows for the next update and we will have a vector export from Flash which could be imported into Adobe Illustrator.

Regards,

Sudeshna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ! That's great news ! Is there a website where we can see what's in the pipeline for Adobe products ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alesclandre,

Are you signed up for the Flash Pro Prerelease ? .If not, do you want to be signed up ?

You will be able to find information on what the post CC product releases are looking like

Thanks

Raghuram

Flash Pro Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's an idea, thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's awesome, because Flash is the best tool for vector graphics I've tryed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James ,

I haven't received the test FLA from you. Can you share it again?

Regards,

Sudeshna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James ,

I was able to convert the file to SVG and the generated SVG gets rendered properly in all browsers and also Inkscape. But on importing the file into Adobe Illustrator , it crashes.

Let me see if there is some way to run it in Illustrator. For the time being I am emailing you the svg generated from the FLA file.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudeshna Sarkar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sudeshna,

I get the same reaction from Illustrator and do not use Inkscape. I am hoping you might find an answer.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ABSOLUTELY maddening.  Are you kidding me?  MANY MANY MANY people use flash for illustration.  There is no literally no way to export a file as a usable vector file.  I have a project due for a client tomorrown and now I have no way to deliver it to them, which is also a result of Adobe disabling my ability to even save the file as a CS5 format. 

Please stop removing features from your software at random without even knowing what your users are using.  This is absolutely unacceptable and ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoosterJuice1... your sentiments resonate strong.

I am not a software programer but this issue seems like it should be more than simple to accomplish and not take away from Flash. It is bad enough that Flash is suffering a possible slow death.

Maybe those of us who need this feature just DONT MATTER to Adobe. I guess we will see in the next version if our prayers are answered... if there is a next version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At our workplace, we were frustrated with Flash CC but we figured out Adobe still lets Creative Cloud subscribers download CS6.

https://creative.adobe.com/products/flash

Then look for the dropdown under the header "In This Version" and switch the dropdown to CS6.

CS6 exports to fxg, among other things prior to useful artists' features being scrapped or re-made to an alpha state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines