• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to HTML Option in 7

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started using Captivate 7. In 5.5, when you published to swf, you could deselect the "Export To HTML" option to prevent Captivate from making HTML, js, and css files. Since my authoring tool does not require these files with swfs, I always did this to cut down on the amount of output files. I can't find this option in Captivate 7. Anyone know where it went to?

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is in the publishing dialog box: you can either check SWF and/or HTML for output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Thanks for your response. When I check just swf, it still publishes the HTML, css, and js files, which I don't need. I can't find where to turn those off.

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are misunderstanding. Cp always created companion HTML and JS-files. New is CSS. To have all functionality of published file you are supposed to launch from HTML file, which will invoke JS for some interactivity aspects, CSS for styles and launch SWF. If you really publish to html5 you have a lot more files and no SWF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right. There are times when you need Captivate to create the HTML, CSS, and js files. However, there are times when these files are not needed. In my case, I don't need them because my authoring tool launches the swf from an HTML file and creates the js and CSS files. In 5.5, you could turn off the publishing of the extra files (see the below image). I was just wondering if there was somewhere in 7 where you could do the same.

55_options.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way but you have the individual files, so just use swf 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if we would like to upload the project to a web server, we can use the .swf file directly while the rollover functions won't work anyway....

Anything we can do to make them work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, I don't see the goal of your question. As I told in this thread, if you want every functionality (like right-click) you have to launch the SWF from the HTML-file. Rollovers don't work for HTML5 output, but this thread is about SWF-output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response!!!!

I mean if I want to publish the captivate project as html files and upload to our web server instead of LMS, what should we do to make all functions still work? Rollovers don't work for html5, do they work for regular html?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The HTML-file that is mentioned here, is just meant to launch a SWF-file, and Flash supports rollovers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used captivate 6 and published a swf-file. all functions work fine.

Then I created a html page using DW, inserted this swf-file to my page and uploaded it to our web server for other use.

These rollover functions are gone..Any idea?

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe you didn't use the code from the HTM page that Captivate creates and there's something in that code (or the other JS file/s that it calls) which is essential to the functionality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources