Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player install failed

Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to install flash player (and Adobe Connect) on my imac running intel leopard 10.5.8.  Which version do I need for Safari? I've downloaded 10.3.183.90 dmg but install goes nowhere.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a while since I ran Leopard (my Mini has Mountain Lion) so these steps may or may not work:

There is only one version of Flash Player for Mac (Intel), so the one you download will be correct. If it's for PPC it will say so specifically in the DMG file name.

Download the DMG (if you don't already have it) http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_10.3.183.90_archive.dmg

DO NOT mount the DMG or run the installer yet!

Quit Safari.

Go to: Mac HD/Library/Internet Plugins

Trash the Flash Player.plugin file from there

Go to: Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Trash the Flash Player folder (the whole folder)

Empty the trash

Reboot

Mount the DMG and run the installer.

BEFORE opening any Flash content in Safari, open Safari>Preferences, and check the Security tab to make sure "Allow all other plugins" is checked.

SafariScreenSnapz001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much  for replying.  I've got it now.  Apparently the "mac only" dmg was defective or missing something; it was only 6.6 mb.  I went back and got the whole package, about 61 mb. That one worked fine.

I'm starting over with a new hard drive, so don't have to worry about older versions.

Thanks again,

Judy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines