• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export uncompressed FullHD video. Premiere CS6

Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have a problem, and I want to ask you for some advices.

Actually I have an Intel Q9550 CPU on which I edit my videos. I didn't have problems with Full HD untill I started to work with AVCHD Format.

The problem consist in Exporting time (it takes very long ~ 7 Hours to generate a 90 minutes movie with VBR 1 Pass + Render At Maximum Dept + Use maximum Render Quality, 1920x1080 25p).

I have a colleague which has an Intel i7 3770K, which does the same process in less than 1 hour.

I'm curios, is it possible to export from my Q9550 PC an uncompressed video. After that to Import this video on i7 3770K PC and compress it into MPEG2-Bluray and MPEG2-DVD. ?

BTW:

Actually I cannot change my PC because i have no budget allocated for it.

Also, please exclude the advice to copy all footages to i7 3770K computer, and the project and to export on it.

Any advice will be welcome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Firstly, you are greatly increasing the render times by checking both Max Depth and Max Quality. Max Depth is typically not needed or used. As for Max Quality, that is said to only help when SCALING is involved, so that would not help when going from HD source to Blu-ray, would only be used when exporting to DVD since you are downscaling the source video. So keeping those rules in mind could save substantial time right there.

But if you do want to export and have your friend encode for you, you d

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...is it possible to export from my Q9550 PC an uncompressed video. After that to Import this video on i7 3770K PC and compress it into MPEG2-Bluray and MPEG2-DVD. ?

Instead of 'uncompressed', you should use a 'lossless' export.

(No guarantee it will be quicker than your previous attempts)

Appropriate codecs:

Lagarith Lossless Video Codec (pc only)

http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html

Ut Video Codec Suite (pc or mac / lossless)

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Ut-Video-Codec-Suite

Avid Codecs 2.3.7 - DNxHD (pc or mac) / 'virtually lossless'

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/download/en423319

All you need to know about encoding DNxHD by Fuzzy Barsik:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5331048#5331048

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the list of Codecs Joe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2014 Jun 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe

I have been asked to output one of my films to an uncompressed format. The client actually asked for Prores, so I've created a QuickTime .mov using the 'no codec' setting. It looks like I have created a nice big playable file; not Prores but hopefully suited to the client's Apple workflow.

I'd also like to include a cross-platform format on the hard drive they sent, just in case there is a problem with the QT file.

Browsing this thread I think the Ut video codec might be the one for me. I've installed it and now have SIX Ut video codecs to choose from. Which one should I use?

Ut-choice.jpg

My source material is 1920 x 1080 .mts from AVCHD with a frame rate of 25fps. I want to keep size and frame rate the same and output a progressive file rather than interlaced. Can you advise, please?

What is the difference between the Ut codecs offered?

Martyn

PS Looking forward to somebody other than Hamilton winning in Canada...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I might have mentioned UT in the previous posting, I don't actually use it and the options are a bit confusing to me as well, sorry. Did you intend to give this to the Mac editor? I don't think it will work on a Mac anyway.

Try "QuickTime Animation" codec to share with Mac editor.

Another option, download the Avid DNxHD codec, this should create an .mov file that will work with Mac and is quite similar to ProRes in quality. http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/download/en423319

The Mac user might need to also install the codec to read the file. Have not tried this one.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Jeff

Thanks for this. I don't know if you did mention UT but 'Joe Premiere Pro' did. He's cropped up elsewhere, chatting about UT, so I clicked his post (#1) and my reply ended up at the bottom of the thread, next to yours. Sorry for the confusion.

But never mind all that. Thanks very much indeed for your helpful response. Yes, I made a short film about the 2012 Olympic flame and now a museum wants to use some of my footage. I shot it with AVCHD and edited using Premiere Pro on a Windows PC. The museum's production company has a Mac workflow. They asked for a ProRes QT file but that's not so simple, as you probably know. They sent a hard drive through the mail and I really want to ensure that whatever files I put on it (yes, I had to reformat it to ExFAT using a Mac) will be OK for them.

I have the Avid codecs and am outputting the .mov now. Encouragingly, it automatically applied all the source footage settings, too. It's looking promising!

Thanks ever so much, Jeff.

PS My PS to Joe might have been lost on you. From his other posts he looks like a fan of F1, where this season looks like it might get a bit repetitive if Lewis Hamilton keeps winning. Qualifying for Canada starts in 15 minutes and my Avid export finishes in five!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, please exclude the advice to copy all footages to i7 3770K computer, and the project and to export on it.

Why?  The original footage and project file will probably take up less room than an Uncompressed export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

Why?

Because he asked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" will probably take up less room than an Uncompressed export"

Hm, I think I forgot about this

Thank you for notification!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, you are greatly increasing the render times by checking both Max Depth and Max Quality. Max Depth is typically not needed or used. As for Max Quality, that is said to only help when SCALING is involved, so that would not help when going from HD source to Blu-ray, would only be used when exporting to DVD since you are downscaling the source video. So keeping those rules in mind could save substantial time right there.

But if you do want to export and have your friend encode for you, you don't want "Uncompressed HD" files, those would be absolutely gigantic files and would really strain ANY system when trying to play them (requires special hard drive RAID arrays). Try the free Lagarith .avi codec that can be downloaded (your friend will need it as well to use the files). http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html Has uncompressed quality, without the uncompressed file size, though the files will still be quite large compared to AVCHD. Your 90 minute program could easily be well over 100GB. A more compact format with good quality is the Matrox MPEG-2 I-Frame 4:2:2 codec, at 100mbps, so about 4x larger than AVCHD files, available here - http://www.matrox.com/video/en/support/windows/vfw_software_codecs/downloads/softwares/version1.0/bu...

Part of your render time issue could also be due to effects you have applied in the video. Those will of course need to render whether exporting to Blu-ray, DVD, or "just an .avi file". So in that case, it may take just as long to export to Lagarith as other formats, so you may not save any time anyway.

What is your hard disk setup? That could be a bottleneck that limits export speeds as well, if reading from and writing to SAME drive, if it's not fast enough.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What is your hard disk setup?"

Read from Seagate Barracuda 0.5TB 7200rpm / Write to SB 1TB 7200rpm.

"Max Quality, only help when SCALING is involved (...) -> would only be used when exporting to DVD since you are downscaling the source wide"-

Thanks, you're right!

""Uncompressed HD" files, those would be absolutely gigantic"

Oh, yes, I forgot when I was exporting to AVI, and 90 minutes of video occuped more than 20GB.

Thanks Jeff!

Your answer was decisional for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to assist. And you must have been exporting as "DV AVI", as 20GB sounds about right for that since DV is 13GB per hour. Uncompressed HD would have been exponentially larger than that.

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines