• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install error for flash player 11.8 on mac os x 10.8.4

Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a problem when I try to install flash player 11.8.800.94 on my Macbook Pro, with Mac OS X 10.8.4. I have uninstalled the older version of flash player, removed folders in Library/Preferences and Library/Caches, repaired write permissions on disk (as suggested in another thread found somewhere), but still no luck.

The problem is that I don't get any detail. It gets slightly further to that point:

Progress.png

and then I get:

Error.png

I clicked on Finish ("Terminer" in French) and it opened a web page with possible solutions. I tried to follow all this but it still doesn't work.

I also tried installing an archived version to at least have a flash player installed, but then Firefox complains that I have to update the plugin for security reasons.

Doesn anybody have an idea what I should do, or even where I should start to look to get an idea of what the problem is?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Loudzon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Download the offline installer here: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_player_11_osx.dmg

If it won't download directly, right click and "Save as"… DO NOT mount the DMG or run the installer yet!

Go to: Mac HD/Library/Internet Plugins

Trash the Flash Player.plugin file from there

Go to: Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Trash the Flash Player folder (the whole folder)

Empty the trash

Reboot

Mount the DMG and run the installer.

BEFORE opening any Fla

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the offline installer here: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_player_11_osx.d...

If it won't download directly, right click and "Save as"… DO NOT mount the DMG or run the installer yet!

Go to: Mac HD/Library/Internet Plugins

Trash the Flash Player.plugin file from there

Go to: Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Trash the Flash Player folder (the whole folder)

Empty the trash

Reboot

Mount the DMG and run the installer.

BEFORE opening any Flash content in Safari, open Safari>Preferences, and check the Security tab to make sure "Allow all other plugins" is checked.

SafariScreenSnapz001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, it works!

I had done everything you said, except for the offline installer. But is it known why the online installer doesn't work sometimes?

Thanks anyway!

Cheers!

Loudzon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Loudzon wrote:

...is it known why the online installer doesn't work sometimes?

I have no clue, but it seems to happen a lot with Mountain Lion. It could be the "gatekeeper". The last Mac I had before my Mini was a 13" MBP with Snow Leopard - no gatekeeper in 10.6. I don't know  if it was part of Lion either, but I haven't seen a lot of 10.7 complaints about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines