Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange audio problem in Premiere Pro CS6

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have encountered a very strange problem. I am editing a documentary film in Premiere Pro. All material has been shot on the Sony FS 100 camera - imported into PP with the Media Browser. In one interview the last part of a clip has corrupted audio. At one point on the timeline the audio stops playing, and it sounds like a scratch on a vinyl record - two words repeating themselves to the end of the clip (See screenshot of timeline). The images are as they should. When I open the Avchd source clip in VLC the audio is working. When i Import the clip into Final Cut 7 using Log and Transfer the audio is working. My only other option would be that there is a software problem with Premiere Pro CS6. Any ideas of how to fix this issue?

Screen Shot 2012-08-10 at 4.52.44 PM.png

Version PP: 6.0.1

Source footage: MPEG-4 AVCHD (1080/25p - Sony FS100)

Version mac: OS x 10.8

Model Name:     Mac Pro Mid 2010

Processor Name:     Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed:     2.4 GHz

Number Of Processors:     2

Total Number Of Cores:     8

Memory: 20 GB

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 570 GTX

Third-party I/O: Matrox MXO2 with Max

Mercury Playback Engine: Software mode

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

One similar, potential problem, that can develop, is when the Conforming process is interrupted, before it completes 100%.

A quick way to rule that out, would be to navigate to the Media Cache files, and Delete the CFA and PEK (Waveform Display) for that Clip, outside of Premiere Pro. Then, when you launch PrPro and Open your Project, the program will recreate both of those files. There is a little progress bar, that many do not notice. Let it complete 100%, before even touching the computer. Tes

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One similar, potential problem, that can develop, is when the Conforming process is interrupted, before it completes 100%.

A quick way to rule that out, would be to navigate to the Media Cache files, and Delete the CFA and PEK (Waveform Display) for that Clip, outside of Premiere Pro. Then, when you launch PrPro and Open your Project, the program will recreate both of those files. There is a little progress bar, that many do not notice. Let it complete 100%, before even touching the computer. Test.

I hope that it is as simple as that.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Hunt, you were spot on! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news!

Thanks for reporting your success. Now, you can mark your question as "Answered."

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Was just having this exact problem in CC (7.0.1), and this worked like a charm! I deleted everything within both the /Media Cache and /Media Cache Files folders though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there the_wine_snob!

I'm having the exact same issue as william here.

But when I go to try to locate the media cache files for that specificclip my media cache folder looks like this:

Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 10.46.45 AM.png

It seems I only have .cfa and .pek files for two clips. Which doesnt make sense because i have hundreds of clips conformed and working in this project?

Is there a way to go from the clip with the corrupted audio in premiere directly to its specific media cache file?

Thanks so much for your help!

Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

February, 2016... Premiere CC Cloud last version and this odd reapered when I use DV25 Quicktime...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had a weird problem with adobe premiere cs6 with the audio / sound of my file after importing. at the middle of the clip, the audiotrack began from start while the video ran on normally. this solution worked great for me: deleted the contents of the folders in C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common (under win 10) and re-imported my file. this time i waited for the little "conforming"-bar in the lower right corner and everything works fine. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines