Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reader wont open PDFs.

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cant open PDF with adobe reader

Tried fixes like repairing the ap and ensuring its checken in default programmes  nothing works.

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Win? OS and Reader versions? Where are these files and how are you trying to open them? What happens when you try? Any error messages (screenshots would be best).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  When I run Adobe Reader XI (downloaded a few minutes ago so it's the latest), the Reader window appears for about a second, then closes.  Same thing when I click on an existing pdf.  No error messages display, the window briefly appears, then simply closes.

This is on a Windows 7 64-bit machine; XI tech specs indicates it runs on 32- and 64-bit.  I tried "repairing" Reader XI as sortmyproblem mentioned above, followed by a restart of the machine, with the same negative result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xl, you can try using Windows Explorer to navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader, then double-click on Eula.exe and accept the license agreement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Executing the EULA worked, thanks.

I must wonder, however, why the EULA was not automatically presented the first time I ran it...  Never had this problem with previous versions of Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2013 Aug 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I use Windows

Reader version is X1

Any PDF file wont open

I tried the Eula (obsucre) accept which I have done as adviced by Claudio

I also tried repairing the adobe ap

The error I get is this

error.jpg

Thank you for any further advice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That message usually indicates that the PDF you are trying to open is damaged.  But it is rather strange that you cannot open any PDF files.  Are these all local files on your computer, or are they online files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the error message?

error.jpg

Adobe Reader could not open "SecureIT one to ones June 2013.doc"...

The file you're attempting to open IS NOT a PDF. It's a WORD DOCUMENT (Word 2007 or earlier). Hence the ".doc" file extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C F McBlob wrote:

Adobe Reader could not open "SecureIT one to ones June 2013.doc"...

I also failed to spot that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG your right I says its a PDF but its a word.  Thank you.

Stupid system.

Anyhow thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm french et speak  few English.

But i do answer here : i have the same problem, and don't resolved this item with "EULA" and so on.

You can open PDF files on this way : Right clik on a pdf name , on "OPEN WITH" and not only  "OPEN" . You click on "OPEN WITH ADOBE READER 11". That's OK at each time.

Good bye

Zamponne.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xlsnt9v8 wrote:

I have the same problem.  When I run Adobe Reader XI (downloaded a few minutes ago so it's the latest), the Reader window appears for about a second, then closes.  Same thing when I click on an existing pdf.  No error messages display, the window briefly appears, then simply closes.

This is on a Windows 7 64-bit machine; XI tech specs indicates it runs on 32- and 64-bit.  I tried "repairing" Reader XI as sortmyproblem mentioned above, followed by a restart of the machine, with the same negative result.

You NEED to go to: C/Program Files/Adobe/Reader 11.0/Reader and double click the eula.exe file. Accept the license agreement and Reader will open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines